Chapter 7: Bèi's Three Appointments

On the weekend, spending time in the clear blue sky with a wide view of the golf field, such a perfect way to relax a tiring body for a whole week of working. There is a person who is laying down on a deck chair wearing sunglasses and he is only accompanied by the sound of the breeze running around the place. Unfortunately, that peaceful scenery needs to be disturbed for a bit because someone approaches him from behind and that person is none other than his right hand servant, Enlai.

"Excuse me, Boss. Your guest is here." He informs none other than to his boss, Dwei. Hearing that, Dwei takes off his glasses and looks at him with a bit of an annoyed face as Enlai just chuckles lightly, knowing exactly what's on Dwei's mind at the moment. Even though he knows that he has a meeting with a certain someone around this time, this scenery is just too good to be ruined with. Well... some of the big bosses need to face these kinds of timings anyway.

"Alright..." Dwei replies while slowly gets up then buttons up his shirt, "Bring him inside." Enlai nods his head and bows before leaving him to get his order. In a short minute, someone who is going to meet Dwei finally shows up. It's Quan, the right hand that is most likely going to be Han's substitute.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Quan." Dwei is the one who greets first as he stands up to shake hands with Quan.

"Good afternoon, Sir." Quan replies politely with a bow and accepts the hand. Getting such a reaction, Dwei can't help but chuckle.

"No need to be so formal. Please take a seat." Dwei says and walks back to his previous seat. Meanwhile Quan stands there, confused about where he needs to sit, then Enlai quickly helps him by pointing toward the deck chair beside Dwei. Once both of them are seated, Enlai pours the wine into their glasses and puts it beside them.

"So," Once again Dwei starts off while turning on his cigarette "What is it that you need to talk about?"

"It's actually about our contract, Sir. After checking and doing some research based on the boss' applications, I found out that on this project, both of our companies have agreed to take this until it's finished. However, why did–" Quan is not done yet but Dwei already cuts him.

"Because I have to." Dwei says firmly without hesitation and his eyes are focused on the golf field. From his single answer, it successfully makes the atmosphere around them feel intense and makes Quan hold his breath for a moment before managing to continue.

"I beg your pardon, Sir?" are the words that come out from Quan's mouth. Just a couple of seconds after saying that, Quan realizes that he shouldn't have asked that. A mistake that makes him look stupid.

"Because I have to." Dwei repeats and turns his head to face him with those sharp eyes. On the other side, Quan is not an easy opponent where he can back off easily after a simple gesture of menacing.

"I'm sorry for being rude, Sir. But based on our agreement terms, we're not supposed to–"

"Let's say that I don't want to continue my distribution through the whole project, it's just the same, right? Lucky you since I'm telling you that I'll stop." Dwei once again cuts in then takes a sip of wine.

"Correct and thank you for letting us know about it, Sir. However, if you want to break the contract, you–"

"Pay two hundred fifty thousand? I'll send you the receipt later." And again, it makes Quan surprised by the way Dwei keeps attacking him ignorantly even from the very first beginning. However, Quan won't stop until then, he still wants to try to convince him to keep the contract.

"Are you sure about that, Sir? Technically our project has been working for almost half a year without a problem. Once you break the contract, you won't get anything from it, instead you'll gain a lot of losses." Quan says with an intimidating voice and this time it successfully draws Dwei's attention to finally look at him. Well, his expression can't be described but in one word, arrogant is the most suitable one for it.