8 | Body, Mind, and Soul

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I know it's modest."

"No. Your home is pleasant."

Raven preferred comfortable settings, especially wardrobe closets on set. Something about the atmosphere reminded her of Alicia. The polished wood floor and rough brick walls complimented her. Like Alicia's well-trimmed nails, it was tidy in the little space. Posters for West Side Story and The Wizard of Oz filled the walls. An open door led to her bedroom. The bookcase over the bed held rows of books and musicals. In this spot, one can hide from everything.

"Hey, you read Emily Brontë?" Raven picked up Wuthering Heights from the shelf and flipped it over. "This is one of my favorite books."

Alicia seemed uneasy about her things being looked at. "I got really into her writing after my previous breakup. We ended things badly. Caught him in bed with a woman he met online."

"Ouch. That sucked." Raven's heart warmed when she met Alicia's eyes. Despite the split, it still troubled her. Raven returned the book to the shelf and added, "I read Wuthering Heights and listened to Taylor Swift after my last breakup. We all handle things differently."

As Raven looked around the apartment and noticed Alicia fidgeting with her buttons, she remembered why she was up there.

"So..." Raven headed to the loveseat. "Do you want to..." Her voice stopped when Alicia nodded.

"We can."

Raven swore Alicia's wide-set brown eyes showed determination as she neared. Beautiful beyond words. Her white onesie and short hair looked exquisite with her pretty face. Alicia might benefit as an actress by leaning more femininely, but she didn't seem interested in that. Raven thought her co-star was completely flawless.

As Alicia walked up to her, her soft pink lips broke into a small smile. Raven grabbed Alicia's hips with a loud gulp. Alicia leaned in to touch Raven's face, but she pushed her back, causing her to tumble onto the loveseat and drag her down.

Her slender legs fit between Raven's lean ones. Raven's suffocating breath was burning her lungs. Why was this terrifying to her?

As she looked into Alicia's strained eyes, she saw something that spoke to her, making her sweat. The thing she saw in her co-star's eyes made her want to get closer to her. She wanted more than just a work relationship because of it.

The idea of dating Alicia was fresh. How did she fall so quickly?

Raven cupped Alicia's chin and drew their lips together. Their tongues met gingerly at first when she opened her mouth. In time, with the rhythm of their kiss, Raven's thumb traced a gentle circle across her ear.

She let out a long breath when Alicia pulled away, but not before nipping her bottom lip.

Raven was moaning and passionately kissing Alicia. As she inhaled Alicia's sweet perfume, her thoughts became jumbled. Her heart raced at the feel of her skin against Alicia's, yet the unusual curves of her feminine body stopped her from relaxing too much. Not giving in was something her mind kept yelling at her. Her brain kept screaming, "Don't give in! She'll turn on you like the others!" As if she needed a reminder of her previous hookups.

Alicia was a phenomenal kisser. Even as they became more at ease with one another, her co-star never sped up. Alicia's hands slid along Raven's neck and into her hair, and she pulled Raven's lips tight against hers.

She melted into Alicia's soul.

Raven's thighs warmed from Alicia's excited groan, and it took her mind off of things for the moment. A woman like Alicia was what Raven's body craved.