1 | Kismet

First Time Reading (FTR) or Re-Reading (RR)?

➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸

Alicia

"Douchebag!"

Alicia unexpectedly slowed to get around a second car while driving to Skymotion Films for a screen test. Because of her beating heart, she had to stop staring at the time to avoid a stroke. That'll be her luck, right? At twenty-four years old, she would die before acting in a film that could change her life.

Traveling in LA could be deadly. She hit the horn again, trying to keep her anger at the driver after showing her the finger. Calm down, Alicia. Take a deep breath. She didn't need to worry about this before uncovering her Hollywood star potential.

Part of her may have been happy to never get there. The film could transform her career, but there was a catch. The catch proved massive. She must kiss another woman. She had to do more than hug, whisper, kiss, and stare at her co-star to make this romantic science fiction movie in three months.

Alicia used a group messaging app to convince her relatives and friends that this was just another gig. Even if everyone was oddly constructive, she heard, "You'll always be the same person as before. We love and support you."

It was nice to hear and all, but she had never privately labeled her sexuality. She liked people, and their gender or identity didn't affect who she preferred. Her motto: "Good relationships need a neutral vibe. Even if we don't vibe, we'll be alright."

Her family told her they loved her after she repeatedly explained that her primary goal in life was to be an actress. Still, hearing their sentiments was comforting.

She enjoyed dating and never settled. Her sexuality was once questioned because of her short hair and pantsuits. Since splitting with Nathan on Christmas Eve two years ago, she has avoided being with anyone, so she feared getting close to a new co-star. Especially since she was about to work with a female in romantic scenes. Her top priority was to look amused while someone slobbered all over her face like a dog licking a cat's mouth.

The traffic made her nervous, so she turned on the radio as a means to escape. Alicia's favorite radio DJ continually rehashed celebrity news.

"This just in," he gushed. "Raven Diaz is dating Love Without Bars co-star Xavier Hartley. Has she not dated enough people on set?"

While stuck in her lane, Alicia groaned. Rumors would later circulate about Raven cheating on her partner, their split, and then their surprise engagement. Why did celebrity stories matter? She stressed that fame could make her life comical.