6 | Co-stars

➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸

Raven

Waking up to skies lit by the summer sun was like a visual poem. The sun's rays reflected off the beautiful blue sky, resembling a tranquil sea. 

Alicia was still asleep when Raven moved forward and untangled her legs, reflecting on everything that had happened earlier.

I had come out to her.

Then there was a deep kiss.

Okay. Don't freak out about it, Raven.

That's why she asked Alicia to come over, right?

Thoughts of happiness and warmth filled her soul. It was strangely comforting. That's when she felt something.

She cut off her train of thought. Ivory! The rabbit had been in the bedroom by herself all night. Raven jumped up and ran to the door, surprised that Alicia hadn't heard her. When she opened the door, her pet was sound asleep on the pillow. There were no signs of separation anxiety in the animal, like scratching at the furniture and the mattress. Ivory raised her head with sleepy eyes.

"Hey, did you spend the whole night all on your own?"

She flopped onto her side, limbs outstretched, so Raven could stroke her back.

"I'm so proud of you!"

Ivory hummed as Raven touched her forehead. The first night they were together, she sat in the corner of the bedroom with her ears on her side. She struggled to adjust to her first night alone and couldn't bear being away from Raven for more than a few hours.

She quietly left her room to put food pellets in Ivory's dish. As Ivory ate, Raven went back to the living room to check on Alicia, who was asleep on the couch. Could they have rested on the small sofa together without hurting themselves? They had spent the entire night squished together.

Being distracted made her forget that she needed to make Alicia food before she woke up. Raven felt a strange knot growing in her stomach. She ran her hand through her hair and thought that going for a jog might help.

Ivory was happily moving toward her bed, so Raven slipped out of the room, changed into her workout clothes, and strolled down the short path behind her house. It was still early, so a quick jog could help settle her mind.

The endorphins released during her run made Raven feel fantastic. She worked out all the knots from the night before as she ran down the tree-lined street near her house. She only had to clear her mind of the mess she had made after that.

Something happened between them last night, but she couldn't quite put her finger on what it was. Perhaps Alicia felt the same way because the two of them kissing was a bigger deal than Raven had anticipated. For her, it was more than just a kiss. It was the time she spent reminiscing with Alicia about her aunt. And why, exactly, did she bring it up? No one who was still pretty much a stranger to her ever got any information about her family.

It felt so perfect to open up.

It was also the kiss that did the trick.

This created a major dilemma.

As Raven sped past plants and trees, she pumped her legs faster and enjoyed the pleasant warmth that was going through her muscles. The kiss was only supposed to serve as a rehearsal, but it felt real. She didn't feel a strong physical attraction to Alicia right away, but she did want to be with her.