Chapter 26

"They say love knows no bounds. This isn't true. It simply just doesn't care about the boundaries."

🅃🄷🄸🅂 🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 🄸🅂 🄸🄽 🄿🄴🄰🄲🄷'🅂 🄿🄾🅅

After we went though the portal, we ended up in a run down place with suspicious people. Mom signaled with a 'shhh' gesture to remember the lines.

𝓦𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓼𝓾𝓻𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼

𝓦𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻 𝓮𝔁𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼,

𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼,

𝓚𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝔂,

𝓛𝓸𝓬𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓫𝓸𝔁,

𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓷𝓸 𝓸𝓷𝓮,

𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓶𝓮 𝓟𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱."

"Charming..." Jacob mumbled sarcastically. 

His expression showed he was annoyed. It was hard to read his expression any further due to the lack of facial features the others had.

Cyrus sighed, looking rather tired from holding the portal open, "I had to think quick. And this universe was close by"

"We'll have to seek refuge here unfortunately." Ethan added with a sorrowful expression.

Bella summoned another weapon, her expression as serious as it had been since I arrived with mom and dad, "Its better than when we had to deal with influence Jacob. We at least have refuge."

"Pulling weapons out so soon might draw attention to us. For now let's keep a low profile." Guardian advised, his expression unreadable.

"Sometimes, someone won't have a face to read or their face doesn't show their emotion" Mom spoke

"What do you mean?" I asked

"When Influence happened, there was two people who this was the case. A male with only a mouth and nothing else on his face, a glitchy male, and a bot" Mom explained, "But you can still read their emotions despite what they try"

"What would that be?" I asked with excitement

"Their voice, their tone" Mom smiled

"But what if they don't show emotion through that?" I asked

"Then watch their actions, you will see their intent and their emotions. Listen to their words and how they word things. Watch their body language." Mom answered, patting me

"Cherry dearest dinner is ready!" Dad called from the kitchen

"Ok Dear!" Mom responded with a smile, one she only showed to dad or when he was mentioned.

Bella unsummoned her weapon annoyed, "Fine."

For whatever reason, she didn't seem to like Guardian. I didn't understand, he was nice!

Cyrus smiled, "Don't worry, I know this universe well. I stayed here a few times"

The smile and tone were fake, again. A suspicious man walked up to us, three other people and a terrified hostage at gunpoint.