Nothing out of the ordinary, you thought. Civilians milled about the streets below, buying various goods from vendors set up on either side of the road. It wasn't too busy, but busy enough for anyone to slink through the crowd unnoticed and disappear. This thought is what kept you on your toes, honing your gaze on every individual person in turn. Once you'd assessed all you could see from your vantage point on the roof, you activated your gear to shoot you to a neighboring roof for a new perspective on the town.

For roughly twenty minuets you'd kept up this routine; find a sturdy roof, survey the area, watch the civilians for any form of threat or disturbance, and then move on to a new area. So far you had nothing new to report back to Levi, so you decided to stay out a little longer and subconsciously enjoy the breeze hitting your face. You stayed within precisely thirty yards of the warehouse in all directions, just as ordered, until a movement down below urged you further away.

A man. No, two men. They slipped out of the crowd and darted for a dark alley. It could be nothing, but regardless you crouched lower on the roof and leaned over the side to investigate.

A stray beam of sunlight reflected off the metal clasps of their leather harnesses hooked over their chests and thighs from under their brown cloaks, causing your brow to furrow in concern.

Before you could do much as blink, they'd grappled onto the ally's walls and started to ascend the building. Whispering a curse to yourself, you hastily moved away from the ledge.

No civilian had access to ODMG. These men had to be the ones tailing you all. Though how many more of them there were, you couldn't be sure. You decided this needed to be reported to Levi, but a sudden thought crossed your mind, causing you to pause. The men were traveling further away from your position. Their final location, unknown to you.

Do I report this to Levi now and risk losing sight of them...Or follow and stop them before they can act?

Luckily, or rather, unluckily, your decision was made for you.

Upon standing up to activate your gear, you heard a shout from below. Snapping your gaze down, you were met with the two men from the ally peering over at you from a lower roof. Feeling fear sink into your gut, you spun on your heel and took off.

You couldn't head back to the warehouse, that would lead them right towards the others. You had to improvise...

Swinging down towards the streets, you ducked into an ally much farther away from the warehouse than you were suppose to be and held your breath. For a moment, all was silent as you waited to catch any sign from the two men tailing you. But then your blood ran cold when a muffled chuckle sounded just behind your ear.

With a near silent shriek, you spun around and stared up into the eyes of the tall man behind you. His body was mostly hidden underneath his long beige trench coat, and you could barely make out the wicked grin he wore from how much of his face was shadowed by his hat.

"My my, what's a pretty thing like you doing playing dress up in this here alley?"

He held a small dagger in his hand, using the tip of the blade to gesture to your ODMG straps. Before you could draw your own blade and challenge the near giant, a pair of footsteps echoed off the ally walls behind you.

You chance a glance over your shoulder, only to see the two men from before. You were cornered.

You knew you were too far from the others to cry out for help, and were too outnumbered to come out of this unscathed. But you'd be damned if you just sat there and gave up.

"You son of a bitch, you've been tailing us!" You growled out, clutching the handle of your blades tightly.

"That's no way for a lady to talk. Set 'er straight, boys." The man before you chuckled, lowering his knife slightly.