Now, as you sat as still as a statue upon your horse, you forced your mind to wander elsewhere in your memories. Subtly you used your jacket's sleeve to wipe at the corners of your eyes and focused your attention on the back of your Captain. He sat further up ahead of you all, nearer to Commander Erwin.

As if physically feeling your gaze on him, he turned to look over his shoulder and met your eye. You held his gaze, but showed no emotion on your face, which ironically matched his expression.

He raised a brow towards you, to which you merely gave a solemn nod. Taking that as all the confirmation he needed, he reluctantly drug his gaze away from you and faced the front.

As the gates began to slowly crank open on their rusted metal gears, you made a promise to yourself.

I won't stop until you're avenged, even if it costs me my last breath.

Though you were tasked with the rest of your squad to watch over the newest recruit, Eren Jeager, from the center of the formation, you kept your guard up and eyes peeled for any opportunity to seek your revenge against those man eating bastards.

Every titan that was spotted by your group once the formation had split up had been taken care of by you. You'd break away from the squad at every given opportunity to thin out the titan's numbers, despite Levi's constant reprimanding.

"Lieutenant L/N! Back in formation, now. We are not to engage unless necessary, you know this."

"Sorry sir," you'd mumble in response once you were back in place behind him, but you weren't really paying attention to his words. With every kill you racked up, the less you could think straight. In order to keep the tears at bay, you just kept swinging.

════════════════════════════

A little over an hour later, the Forrest of Big Ass Trees (As Levi had dubbed it) loomed high up into the sky just a mile ahead. Hastening your pace, you followed your Captian inside and gripped your reins tighter.

You'd been briefly informed of the situation at hand the night before this expedition; so now you knew to just keep riding, and wait.

You knew you'd take your revenge soon enough...

By the time she appeared, your hands were off your reins and gripping the handles of your blades. Levi shot you a warning look over his shoulder, but said nothing. You both knew you wouldn't jeopardize the whole purpose of this mission, emotional or not.

When the trap was sprung by your Commander, the last thread of your patience snapped. Springing into action, you shot away from the group to where you knew your Commander would be stationed, and took a deep breath.

Soon. Soon I'll give your death reason.

To your surprise, Levi landed only a breath away from where you hung latched onto the tree and scoffed. Shifting slightly from how close he was to you, you held your breath.

"The hell was that, brat? You were supposed to supervise the squad after the bitch was captured."

"Sorry, sir," you mumbled again, averting your gaze. "But this is personal."

He gave you a strange look, somewhere between understanding and surprise. But again, he chose not to ask. He trusted you, after all. Even if he didn't know what was on your mind at the moment.

So when the Female Titan began to scream, and the ground began to rumble and quake with the thuds of charging titans, Levi hadn't expected for you to bolt forward into the masses.

Levi Ackerman One-ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara