Chapter 84: Sparks Fly!

Start from the beginning

"That's great! You guys have got a little community here, is there any way we could help?"

Magneton looked at the paper thoughtfully, then quickly jotted down,

You could help scavenge for food with one of the Electrikes. We're running low and you guys can keep it safe on its travels.

"Sounds like a plan to me!", Ellie exclaimed, uncharacteristically excited to get this journey on with. But, Lucas and Seijo were just as happy to go along with it with a simple nod. Magneton nodded back and got up from its throne, slowly descending down the slants and stairs to the lower grounds where the Electrikes stood. But, Magneton turned to one crouched in the corner, quietly sleeping. Magneton awoke it with a gentle Thunder Shock. The Electrike suddenly jolted up and barked, then saw it was Magneton and immediately whimpered as it backed further into the corner. They communicated back and forth, although none of them could tell what they were saying. All they could say for certain was that Electrike was very excited about going out with Ellie, Lucas and Seijo to scavenge, its tail wagging back and forth rapidly. Magneton turned and Electrike quickly crashed into Ellie, nuzzling against her leg.

It hasn't been out much. So, it gets very excitable.

"That's fine! Just means its going to be better to gather berries."

Electrike nodded in agreement, and Magneton gave a slow nod, then walked away to help a few of its comrades with the construction of their cavern. Ellie nuzzled Electrike's fur with the palm of her hand gently, giving herself a mild electric shock, but doing it again regardless.

"Stay close to us, alright? We'll keep you safe.", Ellie spoke and Electrike barked with a delighted smile on its face. Then, the trio left the cavern, going out into the open air. Electrike tasted fresh air again, and it took every inch of restraint for it to not run through the forest at top speed. But, it planted its feet, remembering Magneton and Ellie's words to be careful. Instead, it began sniffing the air, trying to find the scent of berries running in the wind. It slowly moved forward, sniffing the floor and air, then caught a whiff. It turned to its left, looking back to the trio and excitedly hopping on its feet, then running off in the direction of the scent. The trio quickly followed behind as fast as their legs could take them, but Electrike was one fast Pokemon, disappearing into the forest. But, luckily, it barked loudly as it ran, so they all could still follow behind. Then, the barking eventually led to a series of trees ripe with berries, where Electrike dived at one of the berries, landing on its back with a berry that was far too big lodged in its mouth. Ellie laughed and plucked the berry from its mouth, then placed it onto the floor, letting the Pokemon eat as the rest of the group gathered all of the berries that hung from the trees, then tossed them into their bag. From even their first gathering of berries, they each got 10 each. All thanks to Electrike's senses. Ellie walked beside Electrike, who was still sitting munching on its berry amongst the grass. Ellie patted it on the head and asked,

"If you find another one of these berry patches, I'll give you another berry."

Electrike wagged its tail excitedly, quickly finishing off its meal and then sniffing the air again. Soon, it became a repeating cycle. Thanks to Electrike's amazing sense of smell, it soon located another berry patch in the forest. Then another. Then another. It was just a never-ending berry-hunting journey. Even better, Electrike always had the energy to keep searching. When it felt like taking a break, feeding it a single Berry would get it recharged and raring to fight again. So much so that the trio were beginning to feel a little exhausted from running themselves ragged all day long trying to keep up with Electrike's energy. Especially with their bags almost bursting at the seams with how many berries were stacked up inside. Eventually, you just have to take a break. So, they did just that beside a group of berry trees, after they were done harvesting of course. Electrike was settled by Ellie as Lucas and Seijo began to set up their small camp for the meantime, Seijo cooking up some soup over a hot fire courtesy of Combusken, while Lucas chopped up some of the berries as well as plenty of other food for Pokemon into all the bowls for the Pokemon. Soon, there were 12 bowls of food outlined for all of the Pokemon to enjoy (Magnemite couldn't really eat but Lucas didn't want to leave it out regardless). Electrike excitedly moved over to eat whatever diced concoction of berries and Pokemon food that Lucas had whipped up for them.