Turning her attention to Astelle, the maid offered her a teacup. "This one will warm your body," she explained, presenting a fragrant medicinal tea steaming gently.

Astelle accepted the teacup with a polite nod. As their fingers briefly brushed during the exchange, she couldn't help but study the maid's hand closely, though the moment passed quickly.

Setting the tray down, the maid apologized, "I'm sorry, Lady."

The maid continued after a few seconds. "Well, Lady, due to the shortage of labor in the castle, I'll be the only one taking care of you."

Astelle smiled. "I understand but I'll handle the child myself. Your service can be simple."

The emperor's entourage was vast, comprising knights and soldiers, making it challenging to find enough help in this small town.

"Also... this floor doesn't have a bathroom in each room. We'll need to use the baths downstairs," the maid added.

"I see."

~• 🌼 •~

As Astelle and Theor followed the maid's guidance, they entered a small corridor leading to the bath area. It was clear that this castle was an older one, lacking the modern conveniences of private bathrooms in every room.

The maid, however, appeared genuinely apologetic for any inconvenience this might cause.

"The manager has asked for your understanding that he was sorry for making you uncomfortable," the maid explained, her head slightly bowed.

Astelle, ever gracious, responded with a warm smile. "I'm fine, so don't worry about it."

The maid expressed her gratitude for Astelle's understanding, "Instead, the only people staying on this floor are Lady and the Young Master, so you can use the bath anytime you want."

"That's good to know," Astelle replied. "I think we'll head to the bath before the water cools down."

With a change of clothes in hand, Astelle turned her attention to Theor, who was clutching his beloved teddy bear, Levin.

"Theor, you'll be taking a bath with Aunt Astelle today," she told him.

The young boy eagerly agreed cheerfully.

"Yeah!"

With that settled, Astelle proceeded to the bath area, accompanied by Theor and the maid who had been guiding them. They followed the maid through a small door, ready to enjoy a relaxing bath.

"There's a bathrobe over there. If you remove your dress, we can wash it thoroughly," the maid pointed out. The location she indicated was a small room containing a basket for clothes and towels. Astelle wondered if it was an attached changing room for the bathroom. She was unfamiliar with such a setup, having never used a public bath before.

Back in the capital's Duke's mansion where Astelle grew up, each attendant's room had a private bathroom. Even in her grandfather's old villa, which had fallen into disrepair, every bedroom had an en-suite bathroom.

"Now, let's undress and prepare for the bath together."

She helped Theor undress and put on a small bathrobe. Astelle, too, removed her clothes and donned a thin, knee-length bathrobe made of delicate cotton wool. It clung to her body, accentuating her curves.

Astelle changed into her robe and sat down with her knees bent, then turned to Theor and made a request. "Theor, could you let me borrow Levin for a little while?"

Theor, curious, asked, "Huh? Why?"

Astelle smiled, gazing directly into Theor's inquisitive eyes, and replied, "I want to perform a new play."