𝟎𝟎𝟕 . 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗹 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

"I thought he would go with me," Mikey mumbled while tapping his foot on the ground, scrolling over his phone to check for an update from Leo. Then he inserted the phone into his hoodie's pocket and shrugged his shoulders. "Unlucky for him, he wouldn't meet (Y/N)," he thought, half-joking with a grin.

Others may not have noticed this behavior of Leo, yet here he was; he knew something was going on with his brother's attraction towards his human friend. Mikey even asked Leo if he would like to join him and you for a hangout, which made Leo jump out of his seat at the idea.

It wouldn't hurt to support his brother's attraction to you, would it? So, he took this chance to bring you three together. Nonetheless, when the one who couldn't wait to see you was the one who wasn't here.

Mikey was notified that Leo had gone to Hidden City on a mission. He thought, "Did dad assign him something?" There was still a mission for the nogitsune, and he was curious about Leo's mission that he mentioned. Could it be related to the yokai? Could it be their dad's need? He wasn't sure.

He was pulled back to reality when he saw you across the street. He brightened up, and a smile curled up on his lips. "(Y/N)!" Mikey rejoiced with an exaggerated wave of his hand. You heard him calling you, and you smiled back.

"I'll go there. Hold on!" you exclaimed, scanning the streets to ensure that no vehicles were passing into the pedestrian lane. When you saw nothing and the traffic light was red, you decided to pass the lane.

You maintained your unwavering gaze on your friend across the way. But suddenly, an oncoming onslaught of blinding headlights pierced through your peripheral vision.  "Wait, (Y/N)!" Mikey's alarmed cry filled the air as he spotted the truck hurtling your way.

You instinctively turned, a sense of impending danger gripping you. Time seemed to slow as you hastily stepped back, narrowly avoiding a collision with the oncoming vehicle. The truck's menacing presence rattled you to your core.

As the truck roared past, a rush of air tugged at your hair and clothing, leaving you breathless in the aftermath of what could have been a disastrous encounter. You watched, bewildered, as the truck continued on its way through the intersection, seemingly unfazed by the near miss.

Eventually, you succeeded in walking in the pedestrian lane and on the same ground as Mikey. "Oh, man. You almost got there!" Mikey chimed in. He was deeply worried, and it would frighten him if he saw the truck hit you there. "I should've immediately gotten you."

"It's alright. I'm fine now," you reassured. The sirens of police cars faded in the background, chasing after the truck that almost hurt you. Mikey was still worried for you even though you two continued your walk, and well, Leo hasn't arrived yet. He was wondering where his brother was now.

It didn't only stop there, actually. There were series of risks that was throwing at you as if every step you took, you activated the curse to hurt you. There were still scorching shadow you would see around in from the corners to the alleys. You recalled a blank eyes figure you have seen in the arcade before, but this shadow has a different form, it has crimson eyes and long ears.

A sense of unsettling familiarity came through you. You wouldn't ignore it, and it seemed to take everything seriously. "Mikey," you called him. He was scanning outside your window, and you were there inside your room.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry to ruin this hangout. I-"

"It's not your fault at all! Don't blame yourself," he cut you off, reassuring you. "It's really dangerous out here."

"That's relieved to hear, but," you paused, gathering your thoughts, "it looked like a shadow was following us earlier," you continued, and he was still quiet, listening to you. He seemed to connect the dots of these details, and it was also familiar to him, as if your experiences were parallel lines.

"The difference with this shadow is that it has long ears that seem to have fur and crimson eyes," your words hung in the air, fed with an eerie weight. "It looked the same as my nightmare a few nights ago." Your revelation sent an icy shiver down Mikey's spine, his concern deepening into a palpable sense of dread. The pieces of the puzzle seemed to snap together in his mind, forming a disquieting picture that he couldn't ignore.

"That..." he trailed off in a hushed tone. "That's the nogitsune. He's haunting you, too," he continued, and this only made your thoughts crumble.

"What do you mean he's haunting me as well?"

"That Foxy is looking for revenge because we did something that triggered him when we were in the Hidden City," he answered. "Maybe he finally knows you. You're my friend, just like April; he wants to harm you, too," he added with his lips pursed together, and these strange ponders that have been up until now were making sense.

"That can't be. She is a good friend, isn't she?"

"Yeah, and that only made worse. Foxy went nuts because of her bravery." He sighed. Your heart raced in the thought you were now another target of the nogitsune. You've thought if this nogitsune was the last time they had a fight with at the mention of fox.

Mikey noticed how you reacted to this. He didn't want this to happen to you either. "(Y/N)," he called you out. "We will do our best to stop him, okay?" he continued, and your nerves loosened slightly. It was soothing to be wary of the yokai's potential threats. You knew that your friend was mighty and competent. You believe in him, as do the rest of his team.