𝟎𝟎𝟑 . 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻

It was finally your vacation after a month of pain in the head, and you couldn't stop reading your previous notes from when you were still in school. You were concerned about the upcoming school year, and therefore, your head was heavy from the energy you'd consumed tonight.

When your head and eyes were about to fall out, you heard a loud hit on your window, as if a large object had been thrown. You looked over it, awakening your soul, and saw Mikey, your turtle friend, sliding down the window with a creaking sound.

Since the day he saved you, you usually met him in the streets until you two got along with each other, and the fact that you two have some of the same interests made your friendship grow, too.

"What the heck was that?" You snickered to yourself as he nervously smiled, then walked over to your window and opened it. He quickly jumped in with the same lively demeanor he always had.

"It's your vacation already, right? Do you have any plans to go out of town, or do you want to stay here? We could spend some time together!" Mikey rejoiced that you'd be able to spend more time with someone like him.

"I'll be staying here. I might think sooner of a place to go," you replied as you began to ponder. Why have you only recently considered this?

"Alright! Take your time, and y'know, I'll be here to make your vacation joyful!" he exclaimed, and the bright smile was still on his face.

"That's appreciated. I hope you don't get tired, yeah?" You nervously chuckled. You know he has other missions as a hero in this city, and he couldn't be just your full-time friend who will always be there to make your vacation not boring.

"No worries. I don't think I'll get tired that easily!" He sneered.

"Yeah, sure." Then you came back to your desk, where your notes were still scattered after you read them.

"Huh? Is that how you relax yourself?" he asked as he observed your desk curiously.

"No, I was just worried," you answered while you arranged them and slid aside.

"Heyyy. Don't worry too much! It's vacation time, and Doctor Positive is here to help ya," Mikey assured, then opened the window, feeling the breeze come in. "So, wanna go with me?" he added, inviting you to join him outside.

This could be a chance to let go of your thoughts about the school and savor the time off, the rest, and the delight moments that it has given you. Why waste it if, at last, this is it?

"Sure," you responded, and you grabbed your hoodie that was resting on your chair. Then Mikey leaped out of your window and up the railing until he reached the rooftop.

You glimpsed out the window, seeing how easily he jumped the railings, and you stepped out of the window, closing it behind you, and walked up the railing stairs.

The breeze continued to blow firmly through your clothing. And there you saw Mikey, still smiling, sitting on the edge of the building.

"Is it soothing to feel the wind tonight?" he interrupted as you approached him and sat beside him.

"It is," you replied as you took in the city lights and the cool breeze that lifted your weight.

"Good." He smiled, and he watched the scene below, seeing the people passing by and hearing the faint honks near the place. "Are you content to stay like this?"

"Yeah," you answered. "Maybe let's do something we'll both love to do." You grinned, and he gazed at you, intrigued, as if your minds thought the same thing.

"Games." "Crafts."

You cocked an eyebrow. "Ow! I'm too lazy to go down for the art materials." You groaned, and he only chuckled.

"Then, I'll get them. Easy!" He stood up from his spot, beaming. "You should get your feet working, (Y/N)."

"It's working. Look, I'm moving it," you defended as you swayed your feet in the air. Yeah, that was stupid.

"Pfft, I'll get the papers. Could we do origami?"

"Sure."

"Alright! They're always under your desk, right?"

"Yep!" Then Mikey jumped down near the railing, and you sat still to soak up the stars hanging in the deep sky. You found it chilling to be in solitude, and in the midst of the night, it felt like your thoughts went lost and it was just you and the city calling you.

Meanwhile, Mikey would open your window to get the said materials, and he stopped his trance when he heard footsteps near the apartment. When he faced them, he would always hear the same footsteps.

"Oh, no. Did I mess up?" he wondered to himself as he looked around, keeping his guard up, and he slowly pulled out his nunchaku, preparing to attack if his opponents were about to pounce on him.

Just then, there was only the wind and the vehicles' engines in the driveway nearby. He knew deep inside that there was someone around who was targeting him. He felt a bit guilty for leaving the trail he was supposed to be on, and he ended up going to your apartment after he saw the dim light in your room, knowing you were still awake. He couldn't wait for that time after a month of not talking with his friendly human friend.

"Are you searching for me?" Mikey's eyes shrank as he heard a whisper behind him. Before he could even throw his chain at the opponent, he was kicked in the back and knocked against the apartment wall, causing him to drop to the ground.

An unknown creature was grinning mischievously while his wicked eyes narrowed in the dark with blurry light, and he stepped forward near Mikey as he emerged from the shadows.

"Where is your human friend, kappa?" the stranger asked, likely the yokai that was in his human form. His tone was dark, and he started to ignite a flame in his hand.

Mikey's eyes fluttered open as he realized who it was. It was the nogitsune who sought revenge for April after defending herself from him, and this nine-tailed, red-haired shape-shifter was after them now.

"I'm a mutant turtle, dude!" Mikey grunted as he reached out for his nunchaku, but the nogitsune fired a fireball when he was about to get his weapon, which made him dodge the yokai's attack.

"Regardless of what you say, kappa. I intend to cease you now," he growled as he formed another large fireball, and he paused in the process when he heard the swoosh of the swords above him.

"Like, this one, foxy?"