𝟎𝟎𝟓 . 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻

The orb was gleaming high, shining above all the sparkles that shattered in the catastrophic navy sky. There was no doubt about how it was pulling the thread in people's eyes. The times when they would stay up late at night just to see this moon and watch it melt in the dawn, it was a hit of thought that time would pass and settle their attention for another day.

It was just like you for him. He would recall the time and place when you gleamed in the crowd of friends you had been talking with. The smile would curl up on your lips, and your eyes would join in your bliss. He may not understand why he feels this way. The way he would long for you, the way he tried to forget you as if you were just a stranger, but you weren't a stranger anymore for him. You were someone who was a friend of his close ones. Perhaps you would be someone for him who was more than he already thought.

Truly, the orb was gleaming high, shining above all the sparkles that shattered in the catastrophic navy sky. There were no cues where he could see you around here when he was this focused on his mission: to take down the nogitsune. After the quarrel in the Hidden City, this yokai went insane and kept going back just to get their friend, April. He wanted to not blame himself for it. However, it seemed it was also his fault; he had a quarrel there with the yokai that made her defend him.

His pride consumed him at that time, and the nogitsune wanted to defeat them, especially since they were friends of April, who made the nogitsune's blood boil. If this mission failed, their human friend would not be with them anymore. She could be in danger, and he didn't want that to happen.

An exhausted sigh escaped his lips. The thoughts of being in seventh heaven and being cautious from right to left were colliding in his mind. Behind these thoughts, the only thing standing at the top of his head was to take down the nogitsune.

He was keeping his guard up. He meticulously observed each passing vehicle from the building above, closely monitoring everyone on the streets. His intent was to identify the elusive nogitsune, who had assumed someone else's form. He was serious and focused for the time being, taking in every detail he might find odd, and his focus shifted to a specific restaurant as it pushed open its door. The woman in her mid-age first walked out the door, and she was followed by... oh, you.

The walls crashed down, which kept him focused on the yokai. His heart was shaking in excitement when he saw your familiar figure go out of the restaurant. Your silhouette, he knew, was forming on the ground below the street lights. It was a bright night for him. You have caught him again.

"Take care, mom! Goodbye," you exclaimed with your hand, waving toward your mother's car as it drove away. You've just finished having dinner with your mother at the restaurant for a little reunion. She was far away from the city, and she visited you to check on your condition, wondering how your life was here.

You could have visited her in your hometown here in the country, but she let you stay here to savor the moments you may have while it was still your vacation. This city has such amazing places you could explore and make friends that could be there for you, even if you were living here on your own.

As the night drew to a close, you decided to make your way to your apartment. You took a different direction as you scanned the streets for available taxis. With each step, the cool pavement met your feet, but just as you were about to set them down for good, the irresistible allure of the luminous blue portal beckoned, and you felt gravity tug you into its embrace.

After tumbling through the portal, you swiftly regained your footing as your feet touched the solid ground. The sudden, unexpected journey startled you, causing your heart to race in your chest. Mere moments ago, you had been basking in pure contentment, a world away from the disorienting experience that had just unfolded.

"Oops," a mumble was heard from behind you, and you turned around to face that person. Wait. It was Leo. "Hey there," he greeted you with a smooth grin. He drew his gleaming katana, the blade catching the moonlight in a dazzling display as if he were scanning it. "Did I catch you off-guard?" he added as he sheathed the katana with a soft metallic sigh.

"Yeah," you replied, as you were still seeking a bunch of air to regain your composure. "I thought I fell somewhere in the manhole," you added with a hushed chuckle. The turtle playfully shook his head after hearing this. He was giving off a cool and collected aura as he took a step forward near you.

"I really hope you fell for me instead," he commented. His gaze was locked on yours, studying every feature of your face that he might have missed before. Your wondering eyes when you were in a trance after absorbing his statement have piqued his ponders. They were wonderful to look at as if the stars were reflecting on the black pitch of your pupils, making him lose himself in them. 

The silence filled the two of you; you were only staring at each other with your eyes in the process of comprehending and with his captivating eyes in yours. Until you made the move to crash the wall of silence. "Fell for you instead-" Then he landed a hand on your shoulder, leading you forward. "You're going somewhere?" he asked as he shifted the subject, hoping it would not somehow cast an uneasiness on the tension.

The last thing he said to you still left your mind, despite how he shifted the subject. Perhaps you wouldn't think about it for now. "Yep, at my apartment," you answered.

He decided to have a walk with you in the streets as you led the two of you on your way to your apartment. His swords can make an easy way to teleport them to your apartment; though, he took this opportunity to spend a bit of time with you. Some people perhaps wouldn't mind a humanoid turtle walking around here.

"Hey, I wonder: who is the woman you were with?" he asked, striking up a conversation with you. "Oh, where? At the restaurant?" you replied, and he nodded in clarification.

"That was my mom," you answered, and a smile curled up on your lips once again when you recalled the memory. "We spent dinner together there, and since we haven't seen each other for a while," you continued. "I didn't know you saw me there. How did you?"

"I was on the patrol. It might be a coincidence that I saw you," he answered with a grin. 

"Oh, that's why," you mumbled. "You know, I think I'm relieved you didn't see how I reacted when I fell on the portal. I hope I'm correct with the term." A soft chuckle escaped your lips, thinking it must be funny how your soul left for a moment.

"Oh? Can you show me that again? Too bad I missed that." He snickered. "And I'll make sure I record it."

"No, I can't," you abruptly opposed, waving your hand in disagreement. "It might be hilarious," you added. Well, you shouldn't have just brought that up to him. That was when you thought he was also playful as you spent your time with him.

"That's why we'll record it!" he gushed, and he pulled out his phone. Then, an idea popped out of his head, like a bulb lightening up, and that followed a mischievous smirk plastered on his face. "Do I also try to make a portal again, huh?" His free hand reached for his sword on his sheath, and this caught you off guard, making your eyes wide.

"Leo! This is cruel!" you exclaimed, wincing at what could've been your reaction, and he swiftly unsheathed his sword and swung it through the air, a trail of brilliant blue sparks following the blade's path. "Come on, sword. It's portal time."

Then you ran away before you even fell from the portal he made on the ground where you were standing. "Hey! Come back!" His shoulders joined along with his laughs as he kept his phone open; it was now recording you as you faded off the sight, and he chased after you while he kept his grasp on his sword.

Somehow, it was fun spending this moment with him. The jokes, the teasing, and the stories you two shared were simple, yet you would remember the distinct way he expressed your bliss. He was a cocky one, you could say, but you observed how he would also be willing to give you a hand whenever you called him. And since that night, you have made another connection―that you may know him more, and so he may know you, too.