𝟎𝟎𝟒 . 𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝘂𝗽

You heard a loud thud flew in the air behind you, and there were growls and clanging of swords that made your attention draw back, and you widened your eyes when you saw the scene.

"Oh, no. This looks dangerous," you thought to yourself as you stood up slowly: You don't want yourself to fall over the edge of the rooftop.

Mikey took a glance at you with his worried browbones, as if telling you to run or hide away from this scene. Despite this, you also saw another turtle that looked to be his ally and was wearing a blue bandana. He was focused on swinging his swords forward at seemingly a human that has foxtails. You thought that might be another mutant.

When you were about to dash away, a fireball was straight thrown at you after they dodged it, and this made you snap back of your thoughts. You swiftly crouched your head down as it passed by, and when you raised your head, your foot slipped on the edge, and you fell with your breathing grasped.

"No!" Mikey yelled, his voice almost cracking when he saw you fall, and Leo, the turtle in the blue bandana, looked confused when he looked in the same direction where his brother was looking.

"Hey, don't worry. The people are out of there. They won't affect that fire," Leo assured him as he swung the swords to make the fire disappear as the nogitsune blew a flame again.

"No, it's-" Mikey paused, second-guessing to tell the truth that he hung out for a bit with you and left the mission.

"What?" his brother inquired while he threw his sword on the other side of the nogitsune and teleported there as he tried to slash the back of him.

"Maybe let's talk about it later," Mikey answered. He threw his chain and wrapped it around the nogitsune ankle, which made him struggle to let go.

"You two kappas will not gain victory against me!" the nogitsune growled as he used his full strength to yank the two turtles to the ground. "Just give up and tell me where your human ally is," he hissed as he formed another flame in his hand.

Meanwhile, you were still holding onto the edge of the rooftop, and you were pretty struggling to hold onto more as their fight was passing by minute.

Then Leo grunted as he sat up and got his sword. He swiftly pounced on behind the nogitsune, and he slashed one of his tails without him even realizing it because of the fluid movement of the turtle. The nogitsune groaned in pain as his hands reached for his tail, and he scowled at the turtle as he blew fire around them, making the place smoky. With that, the nogitsune was gone, and the flames disappeared as well.

The two turtles coughed from the smoke they just inhaled, and they were now breathing heavily while Leo walked over to Mikey and helped him get up. "That probably worked for him," Leo stated. He expected an answer from Mikey, but he saw him running near the edge of the building, finding his human friend.

Leo gazed at him, raising his browbone. "Is Foxy there?" he asked as he walked over near him, and he thought it was the nogitsune; it was you. His eyes widened in shock as if he felt caught, though he didn't do anything to you, or maybe he did something without you knowing?

You breathed as you finally stepped on your feet with your strength on the ground again after Mikey helped you. "Thanks-" Mikey embraced you with a sigh of relief, cutting your words, and he pulled away and stepped back.

"I was worried. I thought you died back there!" Mikey commented; his browbones were still furrowing in worry, and you just smiled to somehow assure him you were fine. You were grateful you two were safe, and even this turtle ally, who was looking at you with a bashful look.

You noticed his presence behind your turtle friend, and his eyes shifted away when you did so. He might be embarrassed or something; you couldn't figure it out. "Who is this friend behind you?" you asked as your attention shifted back to Mikey, and his head perked up when he realized Leo was already behind him.

"Uh, he's Leonardo, my brother. You can call him Leo," Mikey answered as he moved away, making space for the three of you and taking a better look.

Leo didn't respond for a moment. He was stunned. He couldn't believe he was actually seeing you this close. He was usually smug around when first meeting a person, but this is different from what he ever did to others. It was strange. He felt caught, though; he shouldn't feel this way as the cover was still on.

He shook it off, composing himself. He couldn't be like this after meeting such a wonderful person like you. "Yeah, Leonardo's the name," Leo confirmed as he stepped closer to you, trying to form his signature grin.

"Well, nice to meet you, Leonardo," you greeted him with a smile. What could make his heart beat faster when you greeted him with his name and were smiling like he has just been revived because of you? "I'm (Y/N)," you introduced.

"Gorgeous," Leo muttered with that stupid smile on his face; he looked to be over heels for you. Then he snapped out of it when he seemed to notice Mikey was looking at him, perplexed by the way he was behaving. "You okay?" the orange one asked, cocking his browbone. He was suspicious about this behavior of his when he was acting toward her and comparing herself to others.

"Of course, I'm okay," Leo blurted. What kept him wondering was if this whirl in his stomach and flooded thoughts of her were something he hadn't felt before after seeing you somewhere. He would keep wondering and seeking until he accepted it. Maybe it was really something more than what his mind was supposed to be telling him.