➣ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟑 "𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙪𝙙𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝙈𝙖𝙥"

°°

Perhaps the old hat had been completely right about his sorting, because there was nothing that could describe Nicolás' initial impressions of Hufflepuff House other than solace.

The friendly demeanor of his new housemates had already started to dissolve the uneasy feeling that Harry's absence and the Circle of Khanna's story had cast over him. The warmth and hospitality they extended, even on this first day, spoke of a promising year ahead.

Another source of comfort was their common room's enviable location, nestled close to the kitchens. The tantalizing aroma of magical meals being prepared was enough to stir his appetite and help him focus on the positives.

And finally, the knowledge that he would be sharing a dorm with Cedric and three other boys was like a reassuring hug. If they were even remotely as kind as Cedric, Nicolás was confident that he was in for an enjoyable and memorable journey at Hogwarts.

Upon their arrival at the entrance, they had to perform a musical tune by tapping on a door that appeared to be a large keg. A mistaken note, however, resulted in a rather unpleasant vinegar bath. But as the door swung open, the true enchantment began to unfold.

Every inch of the interior was imbued with magic, from decorative bricks to wooden furniture, stairs, and ornamentations.

The common room had two floors: the common room itself, on the ground floor, where students gathered, and the dormitories above. With more than twenty dorms, each housing five students, it was clear that the space was expanded by enchantments. But then again, the entire castle thrived on magic.

The common room was like a mini cottage, with verdant creepers, petite house trees, and ornamental plants. Its decor was bathed in soothing earthy hues, reminiscent of the fertile soil back at the Cardona family reserve.

It was a place that extended a warm and loving embrace, calling you to share cookies with your loved ones in front of the cozy fireplace amidst the cruel winter.

Their dormitory was strangely similar to the one he had back in Castelobruxo. Fashioned in a circular layout, it featured five beds, each snugly tucked into its own circle-shaped space in the wall.

As Nicolás approached his bed, he spotted Ember lying there, donning his signature disgruntled expression.

Ember —who only God may know who, after running into the Forbidden Forest, had not only got inside the castle, but found his recently announced dorm room—, as the outdoor enthusiast he was, seemed out of his element in the confined space. The Wampus Cat stretched his colossal form, occupying nearly the entirety of the bed.

When the other roommates entered the room, they all recoiled in surprise, understandably taken aback by the sight of a six-legged big feline sprawled out on a bed in their dorm.

Amid the trio of apprehensive boys, a single brave soul inched closer to Nicolás, mustering the courage to ask for permission to pet Ember.

"Mate," the boy whispered, "would it bite my hand off if I pet it?"

This young boy had a complexion resembling porcelain, eyebrows that conveyed a wealth of emotions, and a striking feature: his hair was dyed in a soft, delicate shade of pink, accentuating his Asian features.

The unique combination of masculine and delicate qualities immediately intrigued Nicolás.

He introduced himself as Alexander Quince but preferred to be called Alec. Nicolás later learned that Alec was the Keeper of the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team.