➣ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟐 "𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙃𝙖𝙩"

°°

The hustle and bustle of King's Cross Station, just like any thronged place, had always been a cacophony that galled on Nicolás' nerves, and today was no exception. A disarray of too many people congregating in one place.

His own anxiety didn't offer much solace amidst the chaotic crowd. Yet, there was another facet of his experience of boarding the train to school, that had persisted for years, never ceasing to irritate him: the reactions of those around him when Ember made his presence known.

After they arrived at the grand train station, Ember remained in his transfigured form, a seemingly ordinary orange cat, a necessary precaution given the heightened vigilance of the British Ministry of Magic compared to their counterparts in Colombia.

Only upon crossing the entrance onto Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, Ember was reverted to his true form, a stunning transformation that felt like a reunion with an old friend.

For the next ten minutes, next to Caelum —who was arguing with Twiggle—, all Nicolás did was look around rather anxiously. He was hoping for things to happen: seeing Cedric —and their other friends... but mainly Cedric—, and seeing Harry. But the latter seemed more unlikely to happen.

And finally, Nicolás' eyes landed on Cedric, who was navigating the ocean of students to join them.

The yellow sweater he had chosen to wear seemed to have a particular radiance, making him stand out in the crowd. As the sun's warm rays danced on the fabric, it transformed the young boy into a walking star, an effervescent beacon of light approaching to meet them.

When Cedric finally reached their group, the impulse to embrace Nicolás surged within him. However, when he caught sight of Ember, who greatly enjoyed being back to his Wampus Cat form, he hesitated for a moment.

A chuckle escaped Nicolás' lips, breaking the temporary pause.

"Don't let Ember's appearance fool you," Nicolás reassured Cedric, his eyes filled with warmth. "He may look like a baddie, but he's just a big softy." With that, he embraced Cedric. Quickly feeling the comfortable warmth of Cedric's large palms, one on the small of his back, and the other in between his shoulder blades.

After that, Nicolás and Caelum engaged in conversation with Cedric, and, as Caelum spoke enthusiastically about how Twiggle had found other three Bowtruckles in the forest, a subtle shift in the atmosphere slowly began to permeate the platform.

It was an eerie sensation, a sense that something was unfolding. Nicolás' keen perception didn't fail him, for he soon realized that the crowd was parting, as though to make way for someone—or, more accurately, a group of individuals.

It didn't take long for this phenomenon to prove real, dispelling any doubts that it might be a figment of his imagination. The people were indeed parting to create a clear pathway, and there was a palpable air of tension and apprehension.

An undercurrent of fear swept through the crowd, and all eyes turned to the approaching figures, anticipation and uncertainty intertwining in the air.

The first thing that caught Nicolás' attention in the approaching group was a cascade of blonde hair, nearly as pale as alabaster.

It didn't take much effort to spot Dorian amidst the ensemble. He was at the forefront, his demeanor conveying a sense of world-weariness. Behind him, a blonde man loomed, radiating an aura of intimidating authority, his gaze sweeping over everyone as though they were mere insects beneath his polished shoes.