➣ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟏 "𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙐𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙂𝙖𝙣𝙜"

°°

The past month had been nothing short of hectic. Ever since his mother had broken the news of her new post within the British Ministry of Magic, there hadn't been a moment of respite for Nicolás or his family.

Their life had become a frenzied dance, a cacophony of preparations and decisions that swept the family away like leaves in a storm.

The very air, back in their cottage, seemed to hum with anticipation as they packed their bags, each item wrapped in memories, and squeezed them in amidst an array of trunks and bags. Books, clothes, and the curious toys from Nicolás' childhood, all ready to be transported across the ocean.

Only Nicolás, his parents, and Ember would be moving permanently to London (Caelum and Aunt María already lived there).

Nicolás' Abus, had decided to remain in Colombia. They would be taking care of the reserve that had been in their family for generations. Besides, Abu Pedro still had the role of Deputy Minister for Magic at the Colombian Ministry of Magic, and it demanded his dedication. There was also the matter of the Wizengamot. His Abus' responsibilities would demand periodic visits to the United Kingdom.

And Zeus would continue to reign over the reserve, soaring through the boundless Colombian skies, just like he did for Nicolás' school years at Castelobruxo.

The country house they moved back to, nestled on the outskirts of London, stood as a haven of rustic charm. It had been their home before their return to Colombia, a place where family history whispered through the very timbers of its walls.

The house is a sprawling two-story structure (three if you count the large attic as one). It's tucked beside the sprawling forest. Its walls had witnessed their mothers' adolescence, and Nicolás and Caelum's first years of living.

Even though it was built back in the seventies, the house had a most modern facade and structure, being completely squared, with large glass panes and polished finishings, with wooden flooring.

The attic was used to store an array of things, old and new, that didn't serve a current purpose but weren't throw-away worthy either. Thankfully, Nicolás had inherited his control freakiness from his father, as Remus had made it his goal to transform the place into a more acute place of storing, bringing large shelves, and boxes, but also ottomans and puff seats.

The second floor held all the bedrooms in the house, eight in total. As the house was so large to the sides, it had two staircases upstairs, one side held three rooms, Remus and Carolina's, Aunt María's, and another one empty, while the other side held Caelum's, Nicolás', next to each other, and other three empty rooms for guests.

The second floor also had, from both sides, an opening into a large terrace that boarded the house from all sides.

The ground floor held, upon the entrance, a large living room with a fireplace and large couches. To the left were the kitchen and dining room, together in a large space, with a table for at least ten people. To the right were two rooms: a large library with over ten ceiling-level shelves filled with books, seats, couches, and tables, and a more naked room designed to practice spellcasting safely.

This ground was connected to the basement, which was a place dedicated to Abu Pedro's alchemy study and potion-making. The backyard garden is connected to the forest, and the porch in the front.

The place had been enshrouded in an array of protective enchantments ever since Abu Pedro had woven his magic around it during the days of the First Wizarding War, making the house unplottable. The very essence of the cottage had been masked, rendering it invisible to the naked eye.