Chapter 22: Solara 3000 Year Rematch

After the Kaiju Buster 3000 had arrived in Lunsaro city, Buck, Finnigan, and Andrew Clay only had a few hours before Solara would be in range to cause a rampage on the Selenese continent and find a means to reach other places. So, there was no time for training, and the three would just have to use their knowledge and experience from piloting other magically enhanced mech suits. Except this one was the size of an Elder Dragon, that is to say, the size of a skyscraper.

     Meanwhile, Solara's magical fusion core was reignited and assimilated the remains of prince Darius's AJD into his Primordial Protogen body, effectively making his own mech suit with the firepower of an AJD while also the size of a skyscraper. And while Solara was assimilating the remains of weapons and machinery into himself, Buck and Finnigan started priming the Kaiju Buster's systems with Andrew's earth elemental dragon magic being assimilated into the Kaiju Buster's magical fusion core prototype.

     But while charging to maximum capacity, the magical fusion core malfunctioned and all of a sudden, the environment was different. Everyone was conveniently teleported to safety out of the city leaving Buck, Finnigan, and Andrew only left to be concerned about Solara. But with this malfunctioning magical fusion core prototype to synthesize almost any magical element, the Kaiju Buster 3000 was altered to resemble a giant robot from an anime and the pilots Buck and Finnigan altering their appearance as well.

(Based on which malfunction you choose determines how this battle goes. Chapter 22a turns the team into a giant metal dragon in a gundam fight against Solara. Chapter 22b turns the Kaiju Buster 3000 into a magical girl.)

Chapter 22a: A Cruel Tanuki's Thesis

(A fitting soundtrack for what is about to happen)

      With the Kaiju Buster 3000's magical fusion core malfunctioning, Buck noticed that the environment had suddenly transformed into an anime OP that neither he nor Solara could skip through as their battle approached.

SOLARA: (angry) What is this forbidden magic!

BUCK: It's a cruel Tanuki's thesis and the power of friendship! By the power of overused tropes and merchandizing, I will punish you!

SOLARA: (anime villain voice) Finally then. A worthy opponent. Our battle for the future of this continent will be legendary.

BUCK: (cocky) We'll just see about that. I beat Touhou on lunatic difficulty and Sans Undertale on my first try without taking a hit. You don't stand a chance against me in my gundam.

     The anime intro then continues with images of Buck's girlfriend Natalia in the sky along with Solara's mythical past.

SOLARA: Do you really have to have the intro show me pictures of your girlfriend? Just end this already so I can end this pathetic attempt at stopping the greatest creation of Szolsura!

(Literally this whole fight is a parody of Giga Queen from Deltarune.)

     The anime intro then faded off as epic battle music showed up out of nowhere with the Kaiju Buster 3000 and Solara squared off. Then cute anime girls with glitter appeared in the sky and announced in a cute uwu voice, "Round one..." and then when into a WWE announcer voice and shouted "FIGHT!!!"

      Solara then used the anti-capital-ship weapon from his assimilated AJD, but Buck had played so many JRPGs that he dodged it just enough to graze the magical energy to raise the KB3000's power point gauge. And while continually dodging each attempt Solara used the anti-capital-ship weapon, Finnigan pressed the [CHECK] button to get Solara's stats from the KB3000's sensors.