Chapter 25: Fr. Victor's Ordination

After having spent some time with friar Victor exploring the closest places to where Victor would be stationed, Metropolitan Onesimus and Victor returned to Saint Nicholas monastery. And while there, the whole congregation, composed almost entirely of catechumens, was invited as well as anyone who wanted to spectate. Many people were there, including but not limited to: Victor's sister, Blondie, officers of the bureau of finance and investigation, the two priests Onesimus originally sent to Victor's monastery with their families, Todd and Vixie Reddington, Dixie, and Souzun Yako with the Yako family tribe. There were also enemies that hated Victor for different reasons such as the priests of okami Inari in their vestments, heads of Kitsune corporate conglomerates, and of course rigorist Tanukis who wanted to find any "canon" in attempt to invalidate Victor's ordination because their internet personalities told them to do so.

     And so, things were continuing as normal until the those that hated friar Victor and Metropolitan Onesimus started shouting racial slurs towards the bishop. They eventually agitated the congregation so much that it almost turned into a physical confrontation. But before a fight could happen, the fox queen had her Protogens grab the agitators and drag them out of the church. Then things continued as normal as if the agitators were never present.

     And eventually the prayers of friar Victor being ordained to the priesthood were beginning in the sight of the whole assembly. And with Metropolitan Onesimus's stole over Victor's head, the whole congregation shouted, "worthy" as friar Victor was officially ordained to the priesthood, even if Fr. Victor didn't feel worthy of his vocation. But nonetheless, out of obedience to his bishop, he accepted it with Fr. Victor dawning his new vestments for what he was about to do.

     Metropolitan Onesimus then stationed Fr. Victor at Saint Nicholas monastery as his parish. And with it, it would become the beginning of a new age of enlightenment to the Kitsune clan, even if Fr. Victor didn't realize it yet.

*******

After the Service

     After everything had occurred, Souzun Yako was about to return home until Inari noticed him and asked, "Yako? Is it really you?"

     And seeing that he was seen for who he really was and couldn't lie, Souzun answered, "Yes."

     "Look. I understand if you don't want to come back or don't believe a word I say because of the way I treated you, but you're welcome back to live in my palace any time. You're free to do as you will, but I'm genuinely happy you're not dead. That way I can truly say to your face that you don't owe me anything and are free, and I mean it."

     Souzun then said with a snicker in his voice, "I guess someone close to me has taught you well."

     Inari then stared at Yako, "As a matter of fact, my brother has been. And honestly, you and he are the reason I'm changing for the better. I have nothing more to say. So, do whatever it was you were going to do today."

     Yako then approached Onesimus and asked, "Your grace, I understand I cannot become Victor's deacon because I have shed the blood of Saints, but is there any way I can help Fr. Victor with his mission?"

     Metropolitan Onesimus then answered, "You don't need to be a deacon to serve the Lord or with a longtime friend. You can serve as you are."

     "Thank you, your eminence. And that I will do."

     And although Fr. Victor overheard this, he did not feel comfortable telling Yako what to do, because he saw himself more as a servant than someone who lorded over other people. But at the same time, he understood that a life of service was something Souzun had always lived by and loyalty to one's country. And Souzun's country since his baptism was the Kingdom of God. And although he once executed the will of his old master Inari, now he desired to execute the will of Christ in the world as one who serves. And since then, Souzun Yako, known colloquially as Souzun the Redeemed Nogitsune, would become Fr. Victor's right paw-hand man.