Chapter 17: Yako Squadron Returns

Ever since the former right paw-hand man Souzun Yako had sacrificed his future for the sake of his companions Ferrucyon Redd, Glacia Snow, and Fennec, the three Kitsune members of Yako squadron had started a new life together in the Confederate Republic of Szolsura. Fennec was a fennec fox Kitsune with 3 tails living life quite comfy with his 4-tailed arctic fox Kitsune girlfriend Glacia Snow. But of course, the two ended up getting drunk and yiffing leading them to become eventual lifelong mates as was the custom of Kitsune culture before the age of decadence. They then set out their wedding plans, even if their parents weren't allowed to leave the Kitsune clan for having less than 5 tails as privileges to leave the clan was only granted to those who had 5 or more tails or had special permission. But with Glacia and Fennec leaving the Kitsune clan for good and seeing how things were different in Szolsura, they had no desire to return.

     As for Ferrucyon, he had finally understood what Yako meant when he said that if he saw more of the world, he would understand why Yako didn't believe a word Inari or the political propaganda embedded into Kitsune clan media said. And having experienced the freedom to peacefully assemble and speak his mind how he so chose as was customary in Szolsura, it frightened him unsure of what to make of his newfound freedom from Inari's repression. And in this fear, he almost wanted to return to the Kitsune clan and live under Inari, because even though he didn't have many freedoms being less than 7 tails, he at least had the comfort of a strict structure on how to live his life. But with his close friends Glacia and Fennec, Ferrucyon was able to get by and his freedom to read real Kitsune clan classics like the works of the 9-tailed historian and philosopher Amenhotep and the works of friar Victor gave him some connection to the life he had before leaving the clan. And as Ferrucyon became more in touch with his Kitsune's true heritage that had been destroyed through decadence, he began to abandon the modern ways of gluttony, lust, and avarice for the old ways of honor, sincerity, and purity. And if that meant the modern Kitsune clan labeling him and other Kitsunes for following after the old ways as Nogitsunes, perhaps Nogitsune was no longer a mark of shame but a name of honor.

     And while Ferrucyon, Fennec, and Glacia were sharing a house together that they already paid off, Ferrucyon retrieved the mail to find a draft notice. But rather than be separated by the draft the Szolsuran government put in place to draft members to fight the war against the Valkyries that had been going on since the victory of Glass Cannon, Ferrucyon, Glacia, and Fennec decided they would all enlist together. And their first mission was to defend Ironhenge.

*******

To whom it may concern and the council of the 9 executors.

     As the acting leader of the Kitsune clan in place of lady Inari, Chief Executor Vixie Reddington, I am seeking solutions to carry this economy through the coming economic depression while minimizing the damage done to the general populace. I have also been given permission from lady Inari to disclose that the Keys of Prosperity have been stolen and have not been recovered. However, we do know who has hold of them based on the Keys' magical resonance signature, and it is none other than the Dark Mage Isis under the command of king Azrael of the Void Kingdom. We are still unsure as to what the motive behind this action was.

     However, on a more private note, from the magical resonance detection, lady Inari regrets to inform you that the Keys of Prosperity were discovered to be powered through Dark Magic. That means, if we are to recover them, using them would actually cause more damage to the clan, hence lady Inari has decided that the Keys of Prosperity ought to be destroyed. I know she really didn't want to do this and destroy an important object of our heritage, but taking into account the long-term consequences and the deeply held values of our culture, she has deemed it best to have the Keys of Prosperity destroyed and find other ways to bring prosperity to the clan. It is also necessary to destroy these artifacts in order to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands.