Chapter 20 - Water>Earth>Fire

Tw: some ghouls be spicing 🌶️

Though dispersing the statutes was nearly comically easy, they were fast. It was hard to tell just how many escaped to the forest. You weren't wholly sure how they could have spawned, either. Would they infect other stone statues? Did it have anything to do with the woman behind the glass? The one surefire way to eliminate them would be to negotiate with the summoner. Or to kill her.

You were fucking tired when you and Sodomiser ambled through town in glamour and arrived back at the retreat motel.

Copia shook awake as you appeared in the doorway. He'd found a pullout trundle and had made the lounge his place of comfort. "Ah, my ghouls~" he stretched, his pyjamas unbuttoned just enough for you to glimpse the curls of his lovely chest. "How did the cemetery go?"

"Found some angels possessing stone statues," you informed.

"And killed angels possessing stone statues," Sodomiser grinned, showing off his sharp teeth and removing his mask.

"Ah, good, good to hear—Secundo, si?"

"Si, you found Primo then?" You came to perch on his trundle beside him.

"Yes, uh, the field was home to farm animals... wrinkly naked... very fast."

"What?" Your brows furrowed.

"It was a flock, a biblical flock of lambs that moved like... have you seen uh, Monty Python's holy grail?"

"I have no idea where this is going, but yes(?)" you said incredulously, and Sodo came to sit on the other side of Copia.

"Well, the uh, killer rabbit but lambs... wrinkled naked lambs."

"The worst nativity scene," you grimaced.

Copia stared in the middle distance, eyes haunted by the things he had seen. "Uh. Yes. Si." He shook himself, "I've sent Cirrus out to deliver findings; she said she smelt that you'd found the last one—she'll be back later tonight with any news from the clergy. Phantom is playing video games in one of the rooms, and uh, Swiss and Rain 'went to bed early'. So the night is yours, my ghouls." He looked to and from the both of you. "You look exhausted," he chuckled.

"That." You agreed and rubbed your face all over his arm tiredly, tail flip-flopping.

"Mmm," Sodo hummed, standing slowly. "I'm going to bed—are you coming, Sparkles?" He added as if it had no insinuation at all.

Copia eyed you with a tired smirk, and you leaned to kiss his greying hair. "I could sleep," you rubbed your eyes and stood, gathering your suitcase from the couch.

"I'll see you in the morning, my ghouls~" he chimed.

"Sleep well, mio Amore," you called softly.

"Night, boss," Sodo bid, and you walked together to the only uninhabited room.

***

"N-no, fuck..."

"You know that's not the safe word."

"Hng."

Rain sure made some sweet noises. You heard the bedhead rap the wall between your bedrooms again. You and Sodo both stared at the ceiling. It was hard not to listen to whatever was happening in there. Even human ears could make out what was happening. Swiss sure was not shy.

Simple bed, simple room. Bleached sheets. It smelled like lavender, and had light raw wood furnishings. Nice. Just nice. You weren't looking for things to look at that weren't Sodomiser, the water, fire ghoul who was laid out to your right and silhouetted by the moonlight. You had to keep a dim lamp on; he had said he didn't mind. Yep. Nice.