Chapter 2 - No can do, Dog

Tw: Reader and Sodo really not friends. Very mean to eachother.

You glared at the basement door and wrung your hands in your big cassock pockets. It should be easy. Why wasn't it being easy? You shrugged at the wooden door; you could see light beneath the door—someone was already home. You scrunched your face and wanted to stomp the ground. Damn it. You were going in.

You threw the door open, began the steps and started speaking before you could even glimpse the little shit. There were too many aisles; it was a musty, junk-filled supermarket. He was in there somewhere; you didn't care to look. "I already know, before you start barking—you can take off or something, I'll handle this, cover you... it's the best outcome for either of..." Between the shelving, you caught the green eyes of Sister Imperator, who was facing a short, dark-clad ghoul with his light hair up in a bun. "...us."

"______," her arms were already folded and waiting.

"Uh, my apologies, Sister," you arrested your hands behind your back.

"I had a feeling you might take over this project. Consider it a Mother's instinct."

You saw the bun tilt and his tail flicker. He had just blatantly rolled his eyes at her. She paid him no mind.

"Yes, 'mam, if I am anything—I am reliably predictable," you gave her your friendliest smile. It probably had too many teeth, but you were trying.

"Hmm," she looked unconvinced, "the two of you are in this together, Sodomiser; you understand what will happen if I catch you outside of this basement while they work, yes?"

He only looked away from either of you.

"And it seems I may need to give you incentive as well, ______."

"Shouldn't be necessary, Sister," you waved off as if just friends talking.

"You will receive a warning."

You frowned. Three warnings and you lost your seat as cardinal. There were so many other cardinals it's not like you had any kind of power or standing or... you swallowed. "I understand, Sister."

"Good, you both have until the Springtime Ritual to get this place cleaned up."

You looked around at the stacks. It was as if a hungry pack of ghouls had turned over a grocery store. Funeral gowns sat next to Christmas candles. Shrunken heads by matrimony strings. You recognised old bouquets you were sure you had thrown out years ago, and there was this unnervingly creepy, ugly doll in a red cassock. The arsenal was supposed to be locked up by the back, but weapons were sticking out of all sorts of places. Rows and rows or utter hodgepodge. "Should be a piece of pie, Sister," you nodded.

You heard him scoff.

He was your only hurdle.

"See to it that it is, you ghouls behave yourselves, understood?"

"Yes, mam," you nodded.

She waited and looked at Sodo expectantly.

"On it, boss," you saw his jaw flex.

"Good," she grinned.

You followed her smile with your own, and your tail gave a hesitant wag.

"Fucking hell," Sodo said under his breath.

"What was that?" Her green eyes snapped.

"Ah, nothing..." he waved off.

She eyed him longer before saying, "I'll see you both at supper—uninjured." She began walking.