CHAPTER: 71 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-17)

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god, Rehaan! He's not dead." Areesha slapped his arms.

"Who's gonna marry him?"

"Will his kids inherit his amnesia too?"

"WILL YOU GUYS SHUT UP?"

Zeeshan finally snapped, not able to take any more of their nonsense.

Startled by his sudden outburst, they all jumped back into a corner, holding each other and watching him as if he was something dangerous about to attack and they were his prey.

With some struggle, he got on his feet and rubbed his face and hair aggressively.

"Argh!" He groaned, trying to shake off the grogginess.

"What's happening to him?" Burhaan gulped.

"Is he about to shapeshift?" Maha's eyes widened.

Urooba placed one end of her dupatta over her mouth and silently began weeping again.

"Everyone's crazy in my family," Areesha muttered.

Laiba and Sarah exchanged an amused look.

Zeeshan, on the other hand, gradually recalled everything that had happened before he lost consciousness. He was at a café, working when Shah messaged him to come out. He, first, thought of ignoring him. But he was out there, in front of the café, honking like a madman. Fed up with his attics, he went out and met him.

They argued.

He had asked Zeeshan to come with him.

And he had refused.

The last thing he remembered was Shah suffocating him with a piece of cloth on his face and putting him in a deep slumber.

"YOU!" He pointed an accusing finger at Shah, "You did this to me!!" His expression contorted into a nasty sneer and he went stomping angrily towards him, "What did you do to me???" He bawled, ready to throw a punch.

Aariz, who had just entered the scene, immediately intersected and caught his arm.

Shah quickly slid behind Aariz, taking shelter from Zeeshaan's glare which was piercing his soul.

"Woah! Calm down, brother." Aariz advised, "This man is innocent." He defended Shah who was pushing his spectacles up his nose and looking at them from under his eyelashes.

"He merely did what I asked him to do," Aariz confessed, unashamed.

Zeeshan yanked his hand from his grip and took hold of his collar instead, "What the f**k Aariz?" He spat, slamming his body against the door of the car, "Are you out of your mind???"

Shah scurried away just in time.

Aariz paused and raised a brow at him, "This would have been hot if only you were a woman." He quipped.

Zeeshan replied to his jest with a punch to his jaws.

He fell quiet for a moment.

He grazed his jaws before speaking, "I'm gonna let this one go because I deserve it." He placed both of his hands on Zeeshaan's chest and forcefully pushed him away. "But you go for one more-"

Zeeshan cut him off with another punch to his arm.

Aariz closed his eyes and reopened them.

Inhaled.

Exhaled.

Cracked his neck.

Rolled his shoulders back.