"We're so sorry. It wasn't intentional." I apologized, placing a hand on her cheek and wiping away the tear that was lingering there. Then I looked around the area, but there was no one to be seen but us. "Where's your mommy?"

She shrugged her little shoulder as her eyes looked around too. "I see a cat and I run after her. Mommy's gone now."

Jungkook and I exchanged a perplexed look. It was clear that the girl had run away in a moment of her mother's inattention and she had to be worrying herself sick right now. The only problem was that we didn't know where the girl had come from.

"Do you know where you live?" I asked, trying to sound encouraging. Sometimes it was hard for kids to answer strangers and I wanted to make her feel comfortable and safe so we could bring her to her family.

The girl became shy under the stares of both of us and began to rock on her feet and cover her face with her hand. This was what I was talking about. Rai had come to us when he was four years old, and although he was my cousin, he had been just as shy at first.

Jungkook shook his head at me and took over talking. "I bet you have a big room. And a lot more of those teddy bears there." The girl started to smile and nodded her head. "What other toys do you have?"

"Peppa Pig and Elsa," she answered quietly, hiding her face back into Jungkook's chest, which made me smile.

"Wow, Elsa. Do you like Anna too?" he then asked. How did he even know about children's movies?

"Mhmm."

"I have a friend just like you and she loves Elsa too. Do you have a name as beautiful as those two princesses?" he wondered, now looking her in the eye as she dared to come out of her safe cave that was Jungkook's chest. When she nodded, he asked further. "Will you tell me?"

"Kali," she answered after a few seconds of thinking.

Why was Jungkook so much better at talking to her? Not that I had any prejudices, but it amazed me that he knew exactly how to get important information without intimidating the kid.

"Kali, that's yet another princess name." he playfully and gently poked her belly, which made her giggle. Then Kali looked around again and her lips turned downward.

"I want my mommy," she uttered softly, sounding like she was about to start crying again.

I noticed the car's engine was still running and decided to pull the car over to the side of the road so we could figure out how to get Kali to her mother without disrupting traffic.

Jungkook picked up Kali and they both watched me park the car and walk back to them. An option would of course be to call the police so they could solve it professionally, but I didn't want to hand the girl over to the cops only to have her mother search the streets hysterically. That would mean unnecessary hours and minutes of worry for her. Besides, I doubted Kali could have run that far away. Her mother was probably very close.

"Kali just told me she's three years old," Jungkook informed me with pride in his voice.

"Yes!" Kali exclaimed enthusiastically. "Mommy said I'll be this much soon!"

She held up four chubby fingers or rather tried to, because the ring finger kept curving back, which made me giggle. She was so cute, I wanted to take her home with me, but I wasn't interested in jail.

"You're such a big girl." I praised her and she nodded.

Then she pointed to Jungkook and asked me. "Is he your friend?"