prologue

As the rain poured down in relentless sheets, taehyung and maya  stood on opposite sides of a desolate street, their gazes locked in a bittersweet farewell. The dilapidated brick buildings of the old neighborhood, witnesses to their secret romance, seemed to weep with the heavens, mirroring the heartache that clung to both of their hearts.

The final betrayal had unfolded just moments ago, with Maya revealing the damning evidence that would forever alter the balance of power within the city's infamous mafia families. The decision to betray her family had not come lightly, but it was a necessary sacrifice to protect the man she loved and to finally break the cycle of violence that had ensnared their lives.

taehyung, his once-devoted eyes now filled with a mix of sadness and resignation, knew that their paths were forever diverging. The violent storm that raged around them mirrored the turmoil in their lives, tearing them apart as forcefully as it had brought them together.

"I'm sorry, taehyung," Maya whispered

 her voice barely audible over the rain's cacophony.

 "But it had to be done. For us, for our future."

taehyung's jaw clenched, and he nodded with a heavy heart, his feelings a turbulent tempest inside him. 

"I understand, Maya. I always will."

Their tender gazes held one last time, a silent exchange of love and regret. In that fleeting moment, they both knew they were saying goodbye. Maya turned to leave, her footsteps echoing in the empty street, the weight of her family's wrath and her newfound purpose weighing heavily on her shoulders.

On the opposite side, Taehyung stood alone in the pouring rain, feeling the raindrops mix with his own tears and the blood from wound he got from the love of his life as the remembrance. He knew that the mafia's world would continue to spin its web of deception and violence, but he was no longer a part of it. He was free, but his heart ached for the woman he loved.

The roar of engines and the screech of tires signaled the arrival of each of their family's henchmen, who dragged them away into the darkness. Maya and taehyung were separated, but the memory of their love, the love that had briefly transcended the world of crime and deception, would remain etched in their hearts forever.

In the end, the rain washed away their love, leaving nothing but memories of a forbidden passion that had burned brilliantly and briefly, like a shooting star in the night sky. As they were forcibly taken in opposite directions, they carried with them the hope of a better future and the enduring love that would forever bind their souls, even if their paths never crossed again.