xxi

*time to work
______________________________________

KREEEEEE (door opening)

"I'm home"

Sitting at the bottom of the staircase, is a woman with disheveled appearance.

"Senri....?"

Shiki, who just arrive, walk close to the woman. "I'm home.....mother"

"Senri! Senri!" The woman call longingly, hugging him while he hug back

"Please brush your hair. The fans you had when you were an actress would cry seeing you like this." He said as he guide her to her room, to brush her hair.

.................................

While brushing his mother's hair, they both talk about his father, until the conversation turn into the letter given to him by his mother.

"A letter......from the Senate. Yesterday my uncle, the senator......told me to make sure I send you over for a visit. Uncle doesn't have any children.....so he wants you to take over his seat one day. We can't refuse a request by the Senate....but hurry back." She said as she turn to him, hugging him once again. "Give me some blood.... I'm hungry."

"Greedy, as usual.....all right." allowing her, to take his blood.

Unnoticed, the crescent moon earring glow red. At the same time, outside the mansion, is a copper colored fox, sitting patiently at the entrance.

______________________________________

Blood

All he could see is blood. Bloods that cover the whole alleyway with corpses that littered everywhere.

The sound of blood dripping echoed in the alley, as it is the only sound aside from the rustle of his haori can be heard.

Blood drip from his tainted claw.....not of his blood, but the blood of all the corpses now lying in the cold hard ground

"Seiren... No need to force yourself to stay any longer if you're that afraid" tilting his head, glowing slit eyes of a predator on a hunt stare directly at the hidden girl in the shadow.

Seiren who was hidden very well was shock to be discovered so soon. She step back in weariness and a well concealed fear, having those eyes on her. She feels like a prey infront this new Kiryu Zero.

He chuckle "Your death doesn't interest me, Seiren. I don't plan to make a war with Kuran and I don't want to make it difficult to those children." Seiren, despite of fear, perk up. She need to gather more information for her master despite the danger.

"Children? Do you mean Shiki Senri and Toya Rima?" She ask, still wondering about the connection between the three.

"Heh~ pretty brave of you to not run away immediately after I allow you. Kuran's order must be the highest priority huh? Even after witnessing such a bloody massacre, you're indeed brave to stay and watch the whole thing." He said, walking closer to Seiren who froze in her place. The feeling of prey being stalk by a predator doesn't disappear one bit.

Finally directly infront of her, Zero rest his hand on her shoulder as he lean down to whisper in her ear. "Go now little shadow. The full moon is still high up and it's making me quite drunk. More blood will flow these streets, so better leave before you are caught in it."

Seiren watch in stiff silent as Zero walk away in this dead silent night. And suddenly, a Fox with a shocking 5 tails, swaying behind it, appear beside him. At the same time, the corpses was suddenly engulf in blue fire, making her jump away from the alley. She turn in nervousness to look for any witnesses, but there's no human on sight from the very start, making everything more eerie.