DANGEROUS

A/N: Inspired by Castle In The Sky. Love that movie so much. Also platonic yandere! This one is long cuz I feel bad for being so tired the last few days and writing such short entries.

It was a regular day at your regular job. You were helping your boss in the mines again, bringing him his dinner and then closing everything up. You were blowing out the last lanterns, waving him on ahead as you finished up when you saw someone floating down from the sky.

It was strange, completely random. You thought you were hallucinating for a second before rushing to catch the person before they hit the floor. It was a girl, a girl with nothing about her but a pair of jeweled earrings. They glimmered reddish-gold in the lantern light. With no other idea of what to do you carried her back to your home.

You were an orphan, your mother died in childbirth and your father had disappeared on an adventure 10 years ago. Despite that, you were never alone. The townspeople looked after you and you always had enough. Because of this you laid the girl down in your father's old room before heading to bed yourself. Hopefully when she woke up she'd be able to answer your questions.

-

You yawned as you cooked breakfast. It was nothing fancy, just some eggs with a bit of sausage. You made two plates, one for yourself and one for the mysterious floating girl. You gently knocked on the door before entering, seeing her awake and sitting up.

"You're awake. I was worried after whatever it was that happened last night you might be out for longer." You handed her the plate.

"What happened? And where am I? Who are you?" She carefully took the plate but didn't touch anything. You sighed.

"I'm Y/N. You're currently in the town of Shipp's Ravine, it's a small mining town. As for what happened, you kinda fell from the sky. I just so happened to catch you."

"I'm... Poppy. I come from... far away. I think I fell from an airship." Poppy answered, taking a small bite of the food.

"An airship? We don't get much airship traffic around here, unless it's the military." You said. Poppy grimaced.

"The military won't help me." She eventually answered.

"Why? Did you do something?" She shook her head before taking another small bite.

"This man... he kidnapped me. He's working with the military or at least has connections." She said.

"Well if you're trying to hide, Shipp's Ravine is the perfect place. Trust me, very few people even know about us! You'll be safe here!"

-

You were halfway to the market when you spotted him. A man with long blond hair in a clean white suit. Next to him were two armed guards. You cursed under your breath as you picked your way through the crowd, trying your best not to stand out.

"Excuse me, have you seen a young girl? Maybe around your age?" You schooled your expression before turning around with a smile.

"Yeah! There's Lisa, Diana, Gianna, Lily, Winona..." You started to list off all the names of village girls you could think of who fit the description. The man shook his head.

"Her name is Poppy. She has fiery red hair and bright green eyes. Face covered in freckles." You shook your head.

"Nope! The only girls who fit that description would be Mrs. June's daughters but they're both under 7. Anything else I can do for you?" The man shook his head.

"No thank you. Good day."

"You too sir!" You answered way too cheerily before turning around and continuing your shopping. Hoping that Poppy listened to you and stayed inside.