twenty-eight: small stadium community

{Three Months Later}

Y/n jumps and turns their head over their shoulder to lock with Aliciams green ones. An instant smile spreads there face as her arms drop from her chest and spin around in Alicia's arms.

"Well good morning baby," Y/n whispers and looks back and forth between Alicia's eyes before glancing to her lips.

"Good morning," Alicia whispers back as she leans forward, locking Y/n's lips with her own. Both smiling through the brief moment kiss before pulling away.

"We get it you two. You're a couple but we're serious Y/n-" one of the new guys, Tyler says shrugging. Y/n turns and faces the guy. There's 5 of them in total. Jane, the doctor being one of them. Y/n and Alicia. Tyler and his friend Bradford.

"I know you are, but I just don't see why you would risk it," Y/n says, feeling Alicia grab her hand and squeeze it. "Have you even talked to Madison about this? This place has everything and you want to risk it for what? An adrenaline rush?"

"No I'm just- I know there's a chain of command. I know you guys started this stadium from nothing but I think-"

"We part of the runs with Nick and that team," Bradford speaks up cutting his friend off. "We won't put anybody at risk. We just want out of the walls. If nothing else just let us do the runs."

Y/n shrugs. "It's not my call."

"Bullshit. You're literally fucking his sister," Tyler speaks and Y/n steps forward but feels Alicia pull her back. Tyler chuckles. "All I'm saying-"

"It's not my call. You want to go on the runs to ask Nick," Y/n angrily spoke, tossing her hand in the air. "This conversation's over."

She turns and hears the boy scuff but walks away with Alicia coming with. Their hands still locked together, their fingers interlocked like missing puzzle pieces finally together again. After they get a little ways away Alicia pulls back the girl, pushing her to the side and glancing over her shoulder.

"What was that all about?" Alicia asks and Y/n shakes her head, looking down at their interlocked fingers.

"Some people aren't really liking the rules," Y/n says, slowly lifting her head. "I get the feeling sometimes too to go out. To do exploring but the safest option we have is in the stadium. I mean look at this place."

Y/n draws out her arm, motioning towards everything they've accomplished. Everything they've done and all the built they've brought in and helped. The place was beautiful unlike it was 3 months ago. It has decorations. Food they've grown themselves. It has people smiling and laughing. It has people experiencing life again. Hell, they even have school for kids since there's two teachers within the place. It was everything they could hope for.

"My mom put the rules in place so people would stay safe," Alicia says easily.

"I know, but-" Y/n pauses, looking at Alicia's eyes. "We have something to do."

Alicia raises a brow, tilting her head slightly to the right. A small smile inches Y/n's lips as they nod and tug on the girl's arm, pulling her with her. Confusion creeps into Alicia as she follows her best friend, her girlfriend to god only knows where. It's always something Y/n's showing Alicia since they finally admitted to having feelings. It was different. Alicia thought it was sweet and it always intrigued her the stuff Y/n comes up with but sometimes it's a little questionable. Y/n's not the same person she was 3 months ago. Something changed. Something inside her changed and Alicia can't quite figure it out. Even Madison's questioned it a few times but she's off making sure everyone in the stadium is doing okay providing aide and support wherever it's needed barely paying much attention to Y/n or her kids. For the most part even though her kids are her life.

"Where are we going?" Alicia asks after a couple moments of following Y/n. Y/n takes a turn to the left with Alicia and they manage to find themselves up on the roof. Or well making it that way. "Hey, wait. Mom said we weren't to go up-"

"I had her tell you that and everybody but it's okay," Y/n gently says reaching into their pocket and unlocking the access to the top of the stadium. A roof balcony sort of thing. Y/n pushes the door open and glances over her shoulder to Alicia. "Come on. Trust me."

Alicia flicks her eyes back and forth between Y/n's. Slowly she nods her head up and down tearing her eyes from Y/n's and heads past them and through the door. Alicia steps out feeling a cool breeze hit her face instantly but what's in front of her makes her green eyes go wide.

"Y/n..." she breathes out feeling Y/n come up behind her, wrapping her arms around the girl's waist. Alicia's eyes reach up and loosely lay on the girl's arms. Her green eyes scanning the roof in amazement and awe.

The roof was filled with lights from one pole diagonal to another in all four corners. It was bright and yet dim. Nobody could see it from there. They could see out though into the stadium and the outside invested with a few, maybe two walkers, straggling around. There was two chairs. Those comfy lounge chairs you'd find at a beach house on a vacation. A table in between that could easily be moved if needed. But sat on the table was a cover with washed wine glasses, two plates of food and a candle burning. Alicia reaches her hands up to her face, covering her mouth a bit as she shakes her head in disbelief.

"Oh my god," Alicia whispers as Y/n shoves her hands into her pockets and nods. Her head drops, a warm, nervous kiddish smile spreads the girl's lips as she steps forward and nods.

"I know we haven't really been on a date so I thought-" Y/n pauses lifting her head. Her eyes squint together looking at the beautiful girl in front of her. The girl she grew up with. Who she had always had feelings for but never could admit it. Not when Alicia was with Matt and they never really spoke about it. Then with her father, it never seemed like the right time. Then again in a zombie apocalypse, it's not really good timing but tomorrow isn't promised.

"It's beautiful Y/n," Alicia whispers stepping towards the girl. Y/n pulls her hands out from her pocket as Alicia wraps her arms around the girl's waist. Y/n's arms cupping Alicia's face in the palm of her hands. Her thumbs gently rubbing back and forth on the girl's face.

"Tonight is still young. Plenty of things to do," Y/n whispers, looking back and forth between Alicia's eyes.

"It is only 6," Alicia responds chuckling a bit. Y/n playfully rolls their eyes.

"Good, that means you're mine until we fall asleep." Y/n leans forward and locks her lips with Alicia's perfectly. Alicia kisses her back with no hesitation. Their lips fit together like it was supposed to be. Their hands glided and eased on one another like they knew each other's bodies. Their heads tilt to the sides, their rhythms in sync and Y/n can't help but smile through the kiss feeling Y/n's hand slide up to her throat and wrap around it squeezing gently. A small moan escapes Alicia causing Y/n to nod through the kiss and remove hand, deepening the kiss.

It's brief, a couple seconds longer before Alicia pulls away, placing her hands on Y/n's chest. "What all do you have planned?"

A light glistens in Y/n's eyes as they step back and bow in front of the girl, pointing in the direction of the table where their food awaits. Alicia passes Y/n heading to the seats as Y/n stops smiling for a moment. Clenching her jaw, keeping her eyes focused on Alicia making sure she doesn't turn around. A shaky breath escapes Y/n as she reaches her hand to her chest, rubbing it for a moment. But at the slightest way Alicia moves, Y/n drops their head and walks over placing a small smile back on her lips.