fourteen: filler

"Y/n? Is that you?" A familiar voice asks rushing up to the group as they walk up to the ranch

"Y/n? Is that you?" A familiar voice asks rushing up to the group as they walk up to the ranch. Y/n picks up her head and locks eyes with Jake.

"Hey Jake," Y/n says glancing to Alicia for a second before making her way to Jake. Jake engulfs her in a hug, a tight one causing Y/n to flinch and tense up but Jake doesn't notice.

"What are you doing here?" Jake asks pulling away, looking between Y/n's eyes then to the group. "Who are they?"

"They need a place to stay Jake. They're good people I swear," Y/n says, keeping her voice lowered. Jake's eyes analyze the group before looking back at Y/n, locking their eyes. "Jake I promise."

Jake nods, placing his hands on his hips. "Yeah I trust you. Yeah." He tosses up his hand motioning for everyone to follow. "Follow me!" He speaks up for everyone. Jake turns and starts walking. Y/n stays where she is, glancing over her shoulder to everyone that makes their way past Y/n. Everyone except Madison.

Y/n looks down and bites her lip.

"You sure about this?" Madison questions as everyone else is a good distance away. Y/n nods in response to the woman. "Kid I need you to be sure."

"I'm sure Madison," Y/n says as they walk further into the camp. Eyes followed the group, watching.

"We'll go over it once more, once everyone's settled. Maybe Nick can give some input," Madison says and Y/n nods again.

"Yeah sure-" Y/n's eyes flick up to the front seeing Alicia talking with her brother while they head towards one of the cabins. Y/n follows too. All of them get to where they need. Jake opens up the door for everyone while Y/n stays on the porch, slipping off the shotgun and placing it down against the railing. 

"I'll let y'all get settled. Dinner's in an hour or so," Jake speaks then shuts the door. He turns on his heels locking eyes with Y/n's whom leans against the railing and crosses their arms over their chest. "Last time I saw you, you were in pretty bad shape." 

Y/n nods then shrugs. "Still am," she responds. "Look can you do me a favor?" 

"Aren't I already?" Jake questions and Y/n nods, looking past the guy to the house. Both doors were shut. They could hear the two but Y/n tears her eyes away from the door and to Jake lowering her voice. 

"Take care of them. They're good people. They won't screw you over," she pauses and looks down at the ground. "Especially Alicia." 

"Alicia. She's the green eyed one right? You look at her differently then I've seen before." 

Y/n nods and kicks at the ground. "I've known her and her mom and brother for a while. Her and I were best friends before all this shit." 

"Damn," Jake whispered, walking over and stepping down one step. "I'll look after them. I won't let anything happen to them, especially her, but does that mean you're leaving?" 

Y/n hesitantly nods. "I have too. To protect them." 

"That group of yours? The people who left you out there wondering for hours bloody and beaten. We thought you were one of those walkers Y/n. You seriously can't go back-" 

"I don't have a choice Jake," Y/n quickly cuts him off, her voice raising a bit. She stands up from the railing, uncrossing her arms and looking at the man. Silence takes over them for a second, Y/n lowering her voice once more. "If I don't go, they'll just come searching for me. And if they find me with anyone, they'll kill them. It's not good." 

"Take Troy and his group with you. You all can kill who you need to-" 

"Jake. No." 

"So you're going to go let yourself be killed then accept help?" 

Y/n drops her head and nods. Jake looks away from the girl and tosses up his hand, shaking his head. 

"Do you have a plan or just going in?" 

"I have a plan. Madison, the older woman I brought, she's helped-" Y/n pauses and reaches forward, placing her hand on Jake's shoulder, squeezing it tightly. "No one else can know about this. Me leaving." 

Jake clenches his jaw, nodding. "When do you plan on leaving?" 

"Tonight." 

Jake nods, slowly. The sound of the door behind Y/n opens. She drops her hand from Jake's shoulder and turns, seeing Jake's eyes looking past her already. When Y/n turns her eyes meet Madison's and Nick's. 

"I'll see you all at dinner," Jake says. Madison smiles lightly nodding. Nick says nothing, only crosses his arms over his chest walking further out onto the porch. Y/n turns and meets Jake's eyes once more, nodding at him. He nods back before turning away and heading away from the house. 

"What's going on?" Nick asks, his eyes flickering back and forth between his mother's and then to Y/n, repeatedly. Madison looks at the boy and motions for him and Y/n to follow. All three of them head off of the porch and start to head away from the house a bit, just so no one can hear them. 

The three stop at the fence and turn to look at one another. Y/n leans against the fence, crossing her arms over her chest. Nick stands, spreading his legs apart a bit as he crosses his arms over his chest. Then Madison stands with her hands placed in her back pockets, her eyes going back and forth between Y/n and her son Nick. 

"What's this about?" Nick asks again. 

"Y/n's leaving tonight. We want to see if it's a good plan," Madison said and Nick furrows his brows, squinting his eyes as they immediately go to Y/n. 

"What? I thought we all agreed it was too risky for her to go. Your words mom," Nick said, looking away from Y/n back to his mother. 

Madison slowly nods. "It is risky but if she doesn't go we're all-" 

"Dead," Y/n finishes for Madison bringing both the Clark's eyes on her. "I'm trying to protect all of you. I have to go." 

"Not alone," Nick said shaking his head. 

"She won't be going alone. You'll take the truck and go with her," Madison said, grabbing the keys from her pocket and tossing them to her son. Nick catches them immediately as silence downs upon the three of them. Their eyes all looking at one another with questions and worries rising in all of their minds.