twenty-five: alicia's choice part II

"I want to talk to her," Alicia said, looking at her mom. It's only been 2 hours since Alicia walked out the room Y/n had been in. Rather the room they had Y/n locked up in. 

Madison looks up from the map and to her daughter. "Alicia we've been over this. You made your choice," Madison says, looking back down. Alicia shakes her head. 

"Yet I feel like I haven't. I don't think she'd pull that trigger mom. She couldn't, she wouldn't even if it was for me or she was mad. She's not a murderer," Alicia says walking to the table and placing her hands firmly, face down on it. 

Madison slowly rises her head and locks eyes with her youngest kid. "Alicia we don't know that. We don't know what Fredrick made her. Whatever group she was with made her a different person. Hell I can see that." 

"No, she's still Y/n." 

"I agree. She's still Y/n. She still has a lot of herself in her but at the same time there is some changes. The lengths she'll go to is unknown. Pulling that trigger on Jake proves something." 

"Proves what? That she can kill somebody?" Nick asks entering the room with his arms crossed over his chest. Madison and Alicia both look at him, but Alicia tears her eyes from her brother back to her mother within seconds. 

"We all have had to kill somebody. I'm saying something's off. This group she was with, we have no information. Nick, you drove her there, to the base did you get a vibe?" Madison asks, looking at her son. Nick shrugged. 

"Just looked like a base. A good one at that. There were two guards at the main entrance from what I could see. No back guards from where I found Y/n," Nick answers. 

"That itself...We don't know what Fredrick did or didn't do. He could have done a lot of things to that girl. Sure, we know some things, but we don't know the entire story. She's not giving it to us." 

"And she won't if we keep locking her up like this. The moment she wakes up she's going to hate us. She's going to stop trusting us. Hell, I would." 

"Alicia-" 

"Don't mom. You know I'm right. It may be a different world we're living in now but doesn't mean we have to be in humane about it all. We're still people. What happened to innocent till proven guilty? We don't know what happened in that house. We don't know what was said or done. All we heard were gun shots and seen Jake dead with blood scattered! I saw Y/n on the ground shaking. We don't know what happened! And you said she wasn't in the right headspace so why are we even discussing this without her? Why do we keep locking her up like she's a dog?" Alicia's voice raises and raises the more she talks. Nick looks to the ground as Madison keeps her eyes on her daughter. However, she doesn't respond, she stays silent. Alicia notices this and tosses up her hands. "I can't." 

The girl turns away from her mother and heads out of the room. Nick lifts his head, glancing to his sister before to his mother. He waits a second hearing a sigh escape Madison's lips before nodding, dropping his arms from his chest. 

"We need to make sure our story checks out. Make sure Y/n knows what happens before we do jump to conclusions even though it's clear what had happened. We just wait it out, do it for Alicia if nothing else mom," Nick gently says seeing Madison hesitantly nod. Nick nods back and points to the door. "I'll check on Alicia. Then I'm going to go sit with Y/n till she wakes." 

Madison nods again and looks away from her son. Nick exits the room, pulling the door shut. His hand rubbing the back of his neck as he walks the halls. 

<<<<>>>>

"You're awake," Nick's voice speaks as Y/n's eyes flutter open. She looks around, trying to focus her vision as Nick pulls his knees up to his chest, looking at the girl. 

"What the hell?" Y/n speaks moving slightly, realizing she was tied up. "Is this a joke? You all tied me up again?" 

"It's for your own protection Y/n. You're not yourself," Nick responds, shrugging his shoulders. Y/n's eyes flash to the guy, sending glares of daggers. He shakes his head and leans his head back. "Do you even remember what you did?" 

"What I did? I punched Troy and yelled at Jake," Y/n responds, looking away from the Clark sibling and to the door where it opens. Expecting to see green eyes, Y/n's met with Madison's eyes. She moves, tugging at the rope bound and gives Madison questioning eyes. A sigh escapes Madison's lips as she walks further in, shutting the door behind her. Nick looks to the ground, staying silent now. Madison walks into the room and sits on the singular chair in the opposite corner of Nick. Y/n's eyes swiftly looking between the two. "Okay what the hell is going on?" 

"She doesn't remember," Nick says, looking to his mother. Madison nods and looks to Y/n. 

"Y/n do you remember shooting your gun?" Madison questions, looking directly at the young girl whom's eyes grow wide. She tilts her head, looking to Nick who's looking back down at the ground. "You shot your gun and killed Jake. Troy tried to kill you, but we stopped in." 

"N-No. That's not possible. I wouldn't-" 

"Okay but you did Y/n. We all seen the damage. We saw-" 

"No Madison, I didn't shoot him! I swear to God I didn't! I thought about it, and I had the gun. I pulled it but it didn't him! I didn't shoot him! I swear to god! I didn't, Troy did!"