twenty-seven: hand held

The door opens and Y/n lifts up her head, already had storing the photo of the baby in her bra. There at the door, Alicia's head pops in and a small smile spreads her lips. 

"Hey," Alicia breathes out walking further into the room. She closes the door behind her, glancing to the ground as her hands slowly slide into her jean pockets. 

"Hey," Y/n gently says, letting her eyes trail the Clark sibling up and down. Madison was right. Y/n and Alicia had strong feelings for one another. Anybody could see that. But when Alicia admitted it to Y/n, Y/n panicked. They knew they were a lot to deal with. She wanted to be able to love Alicia. If Alicia would have said something in high school before the apocalypse Y/n would have run to the girl in a heartbeat. But now, it seems like loving somebody gets them killed. Loving somebody gets them used against you. 

"You feeling any better than before?" Alicia asks as she slowly lifts her head. The two locking eyes. A small smile trails Y/n's lips as her eyes flick back and forth between Alicia's green ones. A small nod occurs. 

"Much. I'm sorry for the way I acted and if I did anything wrong or said anything wrong," Y/n gently says as Alicia nods and walks further over instead of just standing there. "I didn't kill Jake. It was-" 

"Troy. Yeah, I know. My mom and Nick explained it," Alicia gently cuts the girl off, taking a seat beside Y/n. Y/n tears her eyes from Alicia and nods. "I really thought-" 

"I love you," Y/n abruptly says staring at the closed door. "I shouldn't have friend zoned you. I shouldn't have done or said what I did. I should have just told you that I'm so fucking in love with you it hurts. And I was scared, fucking terrified actually still, to love you. To be in love with you because in this day and age loving someone can be a curse. It's a blessing, it is to love and cherish someone and have feelings for someone but a curse because it can be used against us. And I don't want you to get hurt because I love you." 

"Y/n..." Alicia breathes as she reaches her hand up and cups the girl's face. Her small, long, delicate fingers brush the girl's skin. Y/n's eyes closing instantly as she lifts her own hand up wrapping her cold fingers around Alicia's small wrist. However, she doesn't remove Alicia's wrist from her face. They just linger like that. Alicia's thumb gently glides back and forth, rubbing the girl's cheek gingerly. Their eyes stay locked with one another as Alicia's head tilts to the side. 

"No one is going to use our love for each other against us. No body," Alicia whispers. 

"The group I was with would and will," Y/n whispers back. A confused look spreads over Alicia's face. 

"They think you're dead though. You said it yourself; they don't know how far you could have gotten with the number of injuries you sustained." Y/n gently squeezes Alicia's wrist and nods. 

"It's possible but on the offset that they are looking, if they do find us, they'll use you to get to me. I don't want to see you hurt Alicia. Especially not by those people. I would never, never forgive myself for harm done to you because of me." 

"I get that I do, but that should be a decision we make together. I choose to be with you Y/n. It's been you." 

Silence fills the room. Both their eyes stay locked on one another. The door to the room slowly opening as Madison and Nick come in. 

"We have a plan," Nick says crossing his arms behind him. Y/n and Alicia both look at Nick and Madison. 

"We're going to build up the stadium. Make it our own then when we've got the people, the community we're going after Fredrick," Madison says placing her hands in the back of her jean pockets. Y/n stays silent as Alicia's hand drops from Y/n's face, her eyes narrowing. 

"Why would we go after him? He doesn't even know where we are. Why jeopardize it?" Alicia asks. 

"But we know where he is. As long as we execute the plan exactly how we plan it, he'll be gone. Dead. And we can keep surviving and try to keep as many people alive as possible till this whole zombie thing goes away," Madison says and Y/n shakes her head. 

"It's not just going to go away. There needs to be a cure and I highly doubt anyone's working on it," Y/n responds. 

"I agree," Alicia responds. 

"Okay yeah but we still need to survive," Nick responds. "We got an actual room for you Y/n. Come on, this is our, how mom put it, 'hostage ward'. You're not a hostage." Y/n stays quiet placing their hands behind them on the wall to use for support. She stands, Alicia quickly following. All of them exit the room walking the many of halls. It was a nice place. The stadium would be home. Could be for a long time. But it's going to take time and patience. They could do it, but what's to come?