-: Feelings and Secrets :-

Vivian felt too much.

And she was extremely bad at expressing it too, but she was very good at pretending.

She had embraced the 'fake it till you make it' mantra, but it seemed futile. Some part of her recognized that she was broken, her soul beyond repair. Vivian felt love for her mother and her best friend Caroline, but a void persisted in her heart or rather in her soul—always hungry for something more. The moment she obtained or achieved something, the hunger grew, insatiable. The townspeople looked at her with a mix of awe, hatred, and jealousy hidden under a smiling façade. She was well aware of it, and she genuinely didn't care.

Now that the cat was out of the bag, she had a lot of questions to answer, along with the persistent Elena and Bonnie attempting to have a word with her.

Flashback to Vivian's childhood:

Vivian's powers manifested at the age of 5. Unaware of her heritage, it resulted in a disaster—she accidentally burned down their house in Chicago. Eliza sought help from a witch named Gloria, who recognized Vivian's immense power. Over the next two years, Gloria assisted her in gaining control over her abilities. By the age of 10, Vivian could differentiate between alcohols with just a smell (lets just say letting a curious kid in a bar will do that)and had impeccable control over her magic.

When Vivian became friends with Caroline at 10, she didn't want to keep her powers a secret. However, her mother advised her that the fewer people knew about her powers, the better it would be for everyone. At 11, Vivian found a middle ground by avoiding the topic and not lying to her best friend.

Flashback - Younger days:

Caroline's 10th birthday morning was spent with Vivian at home. They decided to play in the wildflower garden at Vivian's backyard, courtesy of Eliza's love for assorted wildflowers.

Caroline giggled as she saw Vivian struggling to make a daisy crown.

"You need to twist them gently to make them look pretty," advised Care.

"I am doing that, Care, but it still looks like poop," complained Vivi.

Caroline decided to help and sat next to Vivian.

"Care?"

"Hmm?"

"You know, I have a secret."

Caroline's eyes twinkled at the mention of a secret.

"But I can't tell you that, not at least now."

"But why? I'm your best friend, and I deserve to know everything about you," protested the blond girl.

"That's why you can also keep a secret. You have one secret, and I have one secret. And one day, when we grow older, we'll tell each other our secrets."

"But I don't have any secrets now" whined the blond

"But might have one in future"

"Promise?"

"Pinky promise?" Vivian extended her little finger, and they both hooked their pinkies.

"Pinky promise," echoed both girls.

Present Time:

Vivian, tired of dodging Elena and Bonnie all day, just wanted to go home. As she walked towards her car, a voice interrupted her.

"Damon and Alaric told us what happened at the dinner party," said the voice from behind.

Vivian turned around to face Caroline. There was no going back.

"Caroline, I can explain—"

"So, this was your secret?"

"Yes, it was."

"I am a vampire," she declared. "That is my secret."

"I know. Mom is one too."

"What? Eliza is a vampire?" questioned Caroline in disbelief.

"Yeah, she is a 300+ year old vampire."

"Are you angry at me?" asked Vivian.

"Truthfully, at first, I was. But after a few hours, I understood why you did it. You were protecting me and yourself from this shit show."

"Yeah, but I am still sorry."

"I understand," Care said with a genuine smile.

The best friends hugged each other tightly by the car, and Bonnie noticed them in a warm embrace, heading towards the Salvatore boarding house.

Author's Note

A small glimpse of friendship between Caroline and Vivian, we will she more of their friendship after all female friendships are everything.

Vivian is the kind of person who can't express their love by words but with actions.

Next chapter is a little emotional, we get to see a glimpse of the father-daughter relationship of Victoria and Elijah.  

Vote Comment and Share

Bye Cuties 👋💕

~with love Andreanna