Chapter 37

The Cave exploration was boring. nothing I hadn't done before when I went out alone. the experience was improved because of Lucas's 'disappearance' many months before. The cave in at the beginning happened which was unfortunate but hey it will help build character for these future soldiers. 

But even with the collapse and Lucas's lack egging the class on everyone still decided to go deeper into the dungeon for more training. Not that it would work out well. 

I just kept quiet in my little conner of the group and sniped a few snarlers that came close to actually killing someone. Then the queens appeared, and the chaos began as it always does. I could have just put up a wall of Blue Fire to stop the advance of the normal snarlers while we dealt with the queens and repaired the damaged path, buts it's more fun this way.    

once that giant hole in the floor was fixed all we had to do was clear the rocks blocking the way out. i decided to take this challenge upon myself because i wanted to make some changes and maybe hiding Arthur's multi elements a few more days might help him, the extra mana he would have from not helping Curtis would be a bonus too. 

Arthur, the lovely protagonist he is began to speak to Curtis about his ultimate attack World howl when i casually walked by and formed a massive lance of blue fire. The rocks melted under the heat of the lance as it drilled a hole through the mass of stone. it also melted some of the rocks together making a nice support for the new tunnel as well.

with a bit of wind mana to cool the hole down i turned to the flabbergasted prince and reborn king with a smile. "Ladies first" i gestured for them to move.

The students began evacuating the cave as the last few snarlers were finished off. then one of the two snarler queens evolved into it weird demon form with and horns and everything. I went back to help hold it off because Arthur just ran in and why not join the fun. 

the last of the students escaped and we began to retreat ourselves until the queen decided to self-destruct. i was happy because this mess was finally over and i could go back to my dorm and read shitty romance novels.

Then Arthur decided to be a cunt and not fall in the giant hole created by the boom boom queen. well actually professor glory caught his hand and was trying to pull him up but we can't have that. A bit of wind magic later and two rocks falling paths were redirected into the back of eithers heads. 

I know Arthur sensed to me do it because he looked at me with utter confusion then anger as he began to fall.

i gave him a cheeky wave as i picked up the now unconscious professor Glory and cheeked her over.

Arthur would be fine with a rock to the head he's hardheaded like that (Hehe) but Ms. Glory? better to check than be unsafe. don't want to lose a useful war asset.