Chapter 10 - Eventful Evening

I start this day as I start every day.

I curse the gods and ask them why they give me so many things to deal with.

Like come on man I had one goal in this life and that was to stay away from the plot as best as possible and now here I am being dragged into it.

But you know what the worst part is?

I have to be dressed up.

I don't want to wear a dress! I'm still kinda think of myself as a guy! And now I'm being forced into a dress!

This is the worst.

At least I'll be able to see Sebastian suffer. The creep deserves it for always creeping me out.

That guys the kings personal court magician but he hasn't taught me a darn thing.

"Are you ready lady Custodies?" A maid asks from the side

"Yes" I reply sounding oh so enthusiastic.

Why can't I just wear pants? Or just not go at all....

I wonder if I were to break my own arm would that make me exempt from going?

Eh whatever let's get this done as fast as possible.

———Time skip or is it a time hop?———

(Arthur pov)

The first to come in behind Vincent was an
elderly man with long, deep-red hair that was
aged with streaks of grey. His back was ramrod
straight with broad shoulders that took off years in his appearance.

The man's eyes were stern with harsh, sword-shaped eyebrows, giving him an undeniably eye-catching presence. He was wearing a red robe lined with white fur around the collar and had a cane that shined brighter than any silver I had previously seen .

Trailing closely behind him was a lady that looked a few years older than my mother. While my mother had a lovely, sweet, friendly ambience, this lady's facial features reminded me of an ice sculpture; refined, elegant, noble and of no flaws, but also cold and devoid of emotion.

She was wearing a shimmering silvery-white dress that complimented her dark blue hair that draped over her shoulders like a well-kept tapestry.

Behind the lady of whom I assumed was the
man's wife were three younger kids, two of who that could only be their kin.

The oldest child, a boy that looked to be about the age of thirteen or so, took more after his father .

With his serious brown eyes, straight brows, and his short mahogany hair that had a shiny luster just like his father's, it was apparent as to what he would look like a few decades down the road.

Despite his fierce looks, however, there was a sort of unrefined charisma that was different from his father's . It was the sort of charisma that would make him the center of any group.

The youngest one, a girl that looked to be about
my age, surveyed the room carefully before
locking eyes with me.

Peeling my eyes of the young girl I focused my attention towards the final kid to enter the room.

Another girl maybe a year younger than the boy but around the same height. She had an odd maturity around her, and I could vaguely make out some rough marks on her hand.

She was a weird mix of the first two kids, she seemed to have both seriousness and charisma of the boy and the cold persona of the girl.

But she looked out of place in this family almost as if she wasn't related to them at all. With her sunset colored hair and her emerald eyes.