The Heirs of House Targaryen

Just as Grand Maester Mellos had predicted, the early morning sky was warm and beautifully clear as Diana got her children ready for the day. Only Aelyx would compete in the squire melee, with Daemon coaching him.

Daemon had taken Aelyx as his squire when he turned twelve and bonded with Vermither, the second largest dragon in Westeros and former mount of King Jaeherys; The Bronze Fury was only surmounted by Vhagar, the mount of Queen Visenya Targaryen, the last remaining dragon to have seen Old Valaria.

It had been a glorious day when Daemon had taken Aelyx on dragonback to Dragonmont to claim a dragon of his own. But, unfortunately, whilst Daemion's egg had hatched in his cradle, Aelyx and Alycia's hadn't. Nevertheless, Diana had no doubt that once affairs were settled in King's Landing and Aemma gave birth, Daemon would also insist on taking his daughter to Dragonmont.

Already, she could tell her husband was growing restless, trapped in King's Landing and unable to travel with his wife and children as he once had. His post as Lord Commander of the City Watch had given him a purpose for a while, a point of pride, but everyone knew that Viserys had only appointed Daemon to placate him and lessen the sting of rejecting his younger brother as Hand, Master of Law and Master of Coin.

Daemon had never done anything by half measure, including his loyalty to his family. So when he arrived at their changers late last evening, Diana hadn't said a word as she took his bloodied armour. She welcomed his lustful gaze as he took a bath just long enough to stop her from squealing in disgust. Then, he took her hard and fast on her knees, his feral growls and commands echoing through their royal apartments. It was paired with her squalls of pleasure.

Once he'd sated his lust along with his bloodlust, Daemon told her how he'd lead a massive roundup in Flee Bottom, finding and punishing all known criminals. That morning, Yelena, who Diana had summoned to King's Landing once they'd arrived back in Westeros all those years ago, had brought word that people were gossiping about the cart filled with dismembered body parts being paraded through the slums. As a warning against any who thought to take advantage of the King's guests.

Diana could only smile slightly at her husband's protectiveness over her family; she knew it made her seem callous and cold but couldn't find it within her to care for rapists and murderers who lost their cocks or heads to her husband's judgment. Especially considering that she'd worked hard to make King's Landing a better place for the common folk to live and prosper.

Of the dozens of orphanages within the city, Diana owned and helped to manage at least half of them. She'd also worked to create schools for the children who outgrew her orphanages and found themselves needing work and coin to survive.

Many of the young men who left quickly found work as apprentices or began to train as city watchmen, making her orphanages and school become very popular and well maintained by charitable donations made by the apprentice guilds and Lords and Ladies of the court who needed cause to get behind to seem kind and morally upstanding.

As for the young women, while usually, they'd be a shoo-in for the many brothels on the street of silk, selling their innocence for the coin, instead, they were able to find work as midwives, weavers and even septa's and Silent Sisters.

While King's Landing was in no way perfect, with Diana only one woman, even with the Queen's support and funding, it had become more accessible for the least fortunate to find the necessities to live. And now that Daemon, having heard her complaints of the men and women who took advantage of those with less power, raping children and leaving them dead in gutters, robbing single mothers and leaving them penniless and the City Watch, who before Daemon, had been all too eager to take bribes to look the other way.