Chapter 1: Dare to cross

Sparkles an eighteen-year-old werewolf has just awakened from her slumber to a sliver of the blue moon creepy through her window. It has barely been out as she rushes two her bathroom where she turns to her werewolf form and brushes her for over a few times quickly and then rushes down the stairs. "Sparkles don't forget brush your fur twice before going out in the moonlight forest and stay on our side of the barrier line," Mrs. Tails says as Sparkles runs past her.

"Already did mom and always mom,"Sparkles says and heads out the door where her friends are waiting for her. That is when they all transformed into wolves and began to run to moonlight forest. Tonight was the rare blue moon which meant the barriers will be down permitting humans, werewolves, and vampires to meet. The catch is if you stay in another's land after the sun comes up and the barrier is back up you are stuck there until the next blue moon. Sparkles new this however little did she know it would ever be a concern. Once they made it to the edge their line next to the vampires they began howling at to show off. That is when the boy werewolves showed up and all the werewolves transformed to there human forms and the boys started pairing off with Sparkles' friends taking them close to the lake away from the barriers where they could catch the reflection of the moon on the water. However, by the time a werewolf named Lewis came to Sparkles her eyes had met the dark mysterious eyes of a vampire across the barrier.

"Get lost Lewis, I heard Claire was waiting for you by the lake up your favorite tree," Sparkles shewed him away. Once he was out of sight she slowly walked the barrier the vampire did the same. They did not stop looking at one another and the vampire even began to smirk. Finally they were both right across from one another one their side of the line. The boy throws his hand out not changing his smirk.

"The name is Vladimir but my friends call me Vlad, but you beautiful, can call me whatever you want," Vlad says confidently.

"One of those smooth talking vampires I see. I am not easily impressed. You will have to do better to impress me," Sparkles says in a sassy tone.  The vampire raises his hand and transforms into a porcelain young man with now green eyes and bushy black hair.

"What do you want me to do?" Vlad asks.

"Cross the barrier," Sparkles says.

"That's it, so if I do that I at least get a name?" Vlad.

"You cross as a bat," Sparkles says now matching his smirk.

"Are you gonna catch me and eat me?" Vlad asks only half joking.

"No," Sparkles says but he has already transformed into a bat and crossed the barrier.

"Now dollface what is your name," he asks after he has transformed back to his self.

"My name is Sparkles. Are you always this showy?" She asks crossing her arms.

"Only for beautiful girls with tan skin, medium brown hair, and blue eyes," he says now shyly smiling.  She blushes and bites her lip. He takes her hand and says, "Just so you know none of our women look this beautiful no matter how hard they try."

"Vlad you are are nothing like the rowdy bland boys from here. I have never been flirted with this way. There is a place I have to show. Do you trust me?" She stretches out her hand.