Chapter 44 - PB&J's and Dancing

*content warning: food*
If you come across a trigger that wasn't listed, let me know. Stay safe.
Chapter 44 - PB&J's and Dancing

Julia's P.O.V.

Harry helps me out of the car, watching me with his hands at ready as if to catch me.

"Stop wearing heels, it makes me anxious." He says, frowning worriedly.

"I happen to be just barely under average height. It isn't my fault you look like someone put you through a taffy stretcher." I grumble, closing the car door.

"Not my fault there are oompa-loompas taller than you." He retorts.

I stick my tongue out at him and his smirk fades to a small smile, his voice more gentle. "Just take off your heels, I love your actual height, it's cute."

"Fine." I sigh, bending down to carefully unfasten the strap on one of my heels, pulling it off. He keeps one hand on my back to steady me as I slip off the other, looping my finger through the straps on both as I stand there, barefoot and feeling stupid.

"Thank you. I was worried you were gonna fall and break your neck." He chuckles, taking my hand as we walk into his aunt's house.

He opens the door for me and I walk through, relaxing a little when my bare feet reach the smooth wooden floor.

"Aunt Jane is out for a bit." He explains, following me in and closing the door behind him. I nod a little, setting my heels down next to the door as I look up at him.

"Where to?" I ask him, smiling as I squeeze his hand lightly.

"My room." He replies, kissing the top of my head lightly.

I nod, fighting a smile as I bite my lip, watching him for a moment.

"What're you smiling about?" He chuckles, raising an eyebrow. I wait for a few moments more, rocking back and forth on my heels.

"Race you." I suddenly blurt, tearing up the stairs.

"Hey!" He laughs, his feet thudding against the stairs behind me. I squeal when I can hear his feet quickly catching up. I have to grab onto the rail to stop myself, spinning around to take off down the hall to his room.

"You cheated!" He yells from behind me, laughing. His voice is far too close for comfort.

Just when I'm about to open the door to his room, his arms suddenly clamp around my waist, lifting me off the ground. I squeal, thrashing my legs as he spins, dropping me back onto my feet behind him and diving into the room.

"Cheater!" I shout, my stomach aching from laughter as I walk into the room where he's laying sprawled out on the floor, hugging his sides as he laughs.

"It isn't cheating if you're cheating a cheater!" He replies through laughter, opening his eyes to look up at me.

I laugh, sitting down on the floor next to him, carefully smoothing out my dress. "Never join prom committee. This sucks."

"Have you even looked around yet?" He asks, cheeks still reddened from laughter. I pause, shaking my head before looking around.

His room is still sparse, in the process of getting new furniture to put in it even though he'd been moved in for coming up on six months.

But that isn't what he means.

Long strings of Christmas lights hang from the ceiling along all the walls, casting a subtle glow about the room. He has a few candles set on his dresser, a vase of roses in the center.