Chapter 6 - Saved

*content warning: blood*
If you come across a trigger that wasn't listed, let me know. Stay safe.
Chapter 6 - Saved

Julia's P.O.V.

Blood trickles slowly but constantly from his nose, his lip is split, and he's catering to his side. His shoulders move up and down as he pants heavily.

His dark hair is tousled, his pale eyes unfocused as he watches me, his breathing labored.

My eyes widen and I hurriedly stagger to my feet, placing my hands on his chest to steady him.

"Harry!" I gasp.

He swallows hard, head bowing slightly. I look past him to see the boy on the ground, groaning softly as he lies on his side, cupping his nose in his hands.

"Can you take me to the nurse?" Harry asks meekly, voice low. I can feel his chest rumbling under my hands as he talks. I bite my lip for a moment in thought, raking my hand through my hair quickly as I struggle to swallow back my sobs.

If I take him to the nurse, I would have to explain the situation. It'd have been one thing for Harry to pull him off of me, but he pummeled him into nothing. They could have Harry expelled. And that's a complication I can't afford.

"Come with me, sweetheart..." I whisper shakily, wiping at my eyes with the back of my hand and looping an arm around his lean waist. He slings his arm over my shoulder and I stumble slightly from the sudden deadweight.

I pick up his beanie off the floor from where it must've fallen off, tucking into my back pocket. It takes me a moment to get upright again, but once I do, I pull Harry away from the boy on the floor as quickly as I can. We slowly shuffle towards one of the exits and I push the door open with my hip.

"Where are we going?" Harry mumbles softly, voice shaking with pain.

"To my house... Nobody is home at this time of day, and nobody will ask questions if they are home..." I say gently, sniffling as I glance over my shoulder towards the boy's curled figure.

A violent chill runs down my spine when he looks up for a moment, his pale blue eyes meeting mine. I quickly turn back away, letting the door swing shut behind us.

Harry's breathing is shallow, labored and hitching with every step he takes. When I pull his side closer to me, he lets out a soft groan and I quickly steal a glance up at him.

His head is lolling limply, his eyes all but closed. I grunt from his weight and he seems to notice. Immediately his arm slides off of my shoulders and I gasp as he sways precariously.

"Harry, it's alright... Just put your arm around me. It's better to have troubles pulling you along than you passing out on me."

He starts to mumble protest but trails off, swaying to the side again so drastically I have to throw my arms around his waist like a scared child to steady him.

I keep my arms wrapped around his torso and he keeps his arm over my shoulder as we walk. I huff in relief through my tears when we get off the main school campus.

Now the long walk towards home.

We expanse between the school and football field when Harry sighs, eyes suddenly rolling back into his head as his knees buckle.

I yelp, barely moving out of the way enough that his massive body wouldn't crush me. I'm lucky enough that I'm able to catch his shoulder to keep him from hitting his head.

The field seems quiet, but that could change any moment. So I can't think of anything else to do, but reach into Harry's pocket, pulling out his phone.