Chapter 12 - Apologies

*content warning: anger management, mention of alcohol/substance abuse, depression, domestic abuse, blood, mention of death*
If you come across a trigger that wasn't listed, let me know. Stay safe.
Chapter 12 - Apologies

Harry's P.O.V.

Diana holds her arm, brows furrowed in hurt.

"Just go home, Harry..." She whimpers.

I pause, watching her as she holds her arm tenderly. Did I hurt her that badly? Badly enough that she's this afraid? That she'd slap me?

So I don't push my luck and nod a little, turning and slipping my hands into my pockets to stop the trembling, walking away from her.

Everything inside of me is screaming not to walk away. That I should turn back around and make this right. I can't lose her too. She's the only thing that feels right in my crazy, screwed up life.

I continue to walk numbly down the side. When I can finally take it no longer, I look over my shoulder to see if she's still there.

And oh, how my heart bleeds for her.

She kneels on the cold pavement, her head buried in her hands as she shakes with silent sobs.

I screwed it up. I finally screwed up for the last time. There's no way she'll come near me now.

I hurt her.

But as I force myself to turn away from her crying figure, I can't begin to explain how much I hate myself for leaving her here alone in the cold and the dark.

It's wrong. It is so so wrong. But I don't know what else to do. She hates me now.

My entire body slumps dejectedly as I force myself to take one step after the other.

I don't know how I even got to the point of hurting her. I don't remember even once having the thought that I intended to raise my voice, let alone grab her the way I did.

But now I can't get her face out of my mind. It keeps playing in repeat, reminding me of how horrible I was to her and landing a blow of guilt to my heart each time.

Brows furrowed, her lips parted in shock, her small hands trembling as they clasped at mine. And the worst part was her eyes. Her deep brown doe eyes were wide in fear, hurt lurking towards the back. The cheerful twinkle was gone, replaced by a sadness. Those eyes that could make you do anything.

She could make me do anything.

And once again, I find myself getting lost in every last thought of her. I frequently find myself finding every last thing she does interesting.

How when she gets excited, her hands flutter about for emphasis, or when she can't find the appropriate action, they just tremble violently. How her eyes sparkle and a slight dimple appears in her left cheek as she beams. How a tiny dimple appears above her right eyebrow when she raises it. How as she speaks, her lips will at time form into a V shape. Or how when I  speak, her eyes follow mine, appearing completely and totally enraptured by what I said. Or how whenever she laughs, her eyes crinkle up at the corners.

But the one thing that sparks the most interest, and I can't explain why I enjoy it so much, is her nose.

It crinkles up like a bunny rabbit's. And for some reason I find it adorable. It crinkles up when she's surprised, when she's frustrated, when she's confused, or when she's disagreeing with me- which is often. That's always the most amusing. Her nose will crinkle, her lips will press into a thin line, and she squints her eyes skeptically. I don't know why I find it so funny. I just do.