Act 1 - C.D.C - Chapter 9

"Anyone infected?" A deep voice asked. Lana swallowed, she closed her eyes trying not to be so suspicious.
"One of our group was" Rick replied to the Intercom,
"He didn't made it.."

"What do you want? Why are you here?" The voice asked again, but now not through the intercom.
It sounded like he was coming out to them.
Rick breath loudly in "A chance.." he replied.
"That's asking an awful lot of these days," The man said while coming out to them.
Lana pushed up her eyebrows, the man looked like he haven't slept in days. He had a white scientific uniform on, his hair was red - brown.
"I know.." rick replied anxiously, deep down he begged that the man was giving them a chance.

"You all submit a blood test. That's the price of the admission." The scientist said.
Lana frowned, eyes wide open. A blood test..?
Rick glanced over to Lana for a moment, why was she so sensed up at the mention on a blood test..?

—-——————

He introduced himself as Dr. Edwin Jenner, he was a doctor. He said that he was the only one in the this building. Lana wasn't sure what to think of that guy, but more worried was she about the blood test.

All the group members got their blood test done, just not Lana.
"Can you come here Miss Dixon?" The doctor asked, Lana nodded, but cringed at the formal from her name.
She sat down on the chair, rolled up her long sleeve on her arm were she wasn't bit.
"Lana is enough.." she replied awkwardly.
Dr. Jenner made everything ready for the blood test, he wanted to distract Lana when he was digging the sharp needle in her flesh.
"So Daryl is your bother?" Dr. Jenner asked, The Dixon girl nodded "Yeah he is."

"All done" the doctor announced when Lana was finished with her blood test.
She felt a bit limp, the blue eyed girl struggled a bit with going down the stairs, but suddenly she felt a pair of hands around her waist helping her to keep the balance. She turned around to see who it was, it was Rick.

"Are you okay?" Jenner asked.
"I'm fine..!" Lana said not wanting to make a scene, and trying to walk by herself again.
"She hasn't eaten in days..no one of us have.."
Jacqui answered.

"Let's change that." Jenner said half smiling when he got up from his chair walking somewhere, waving his hand as a sign to follow him.

————————

Jenner gave the group many plates of food and drinks. The mood was better then ever before, everyone was laughing telling stories or drinking.
But Lana was a bit quiet she couldn't stop, but think about this damn blood test.

"You know in Italy, children have a little bit of wine with dinner," Dale announced sounding very amused while handing Lori a glass of wine.
"And France."

Lori pushed up her eyebrows, "Well, when my child is in Italy or France he can have some then."
"What's it gonna hurt? Come on" Rick encouraged her.
Lori smiled to herself a bit "okay..alright, go on but just a little."

Dale poured a small amount of wine into a glass then passed it to Carl.
"There you are."
Carl raised his glass to his lips immediately, taking only a sip before scrunching his face.
"Eww!"

"That's my boy" Lori said giggling while kissing his head.
Lana couldn't help it, but smile she was glad that Carl was happy even when it's just for  a moment.

Everyone laughed, hell even Daryl laughed.
His sister was glad that he was enjoying himself, even when it's just for now.

After some time Shane raised his voice "So when are you gonna tell us what the hell happened here, Doc?"
Jenner was taken away at his question, "All the, uh...the other doctors that were supposed to be figuring out what happened, were are they?" Shane asked again, as Jenner wanted to answer the question Rick said something.
"We're celebrating Shane," he said stern.
"Don't need to do this now.."

"Whoa, wait a second.." the other cop countered.
"This is why we're here right? This was your move we're supposed to find answers instead," he pointed at Jenner, "we found him. We found one man.Why?"
"Well when things..got bad a lot of people left.."
Jenner begun calmly, "Went off with their families, and when things got really bad..when the military cordon got overrun...the rest bolted." The doctor explained.

"Every last one?" Shane asked again, not happy with the information he got.
"No," Jenners tone changed he wants calm anymore...he was more stern.
"Many couldn't face walking out of the door face walking out of the door. They... opted out, there was a lot of suicides," he explained again.

Lana closed her eyes at the mention 'suicides' it reminded her of her past. It reminded her of the scars in her skin, and the big one...
The table was quiet, Shane ruined dinner.
"Man you're such a buzzkill.." Glenn finally said what was everyone was thinking.

———————

After that disaster dinner, Jenner showed them the showers. Lana ran to the showers to have enough hot water.
She quickly took off her clothes, and then jumped into the shower.
The Dixon girl felt finally clean, she hadn't this feeling like forever.
Rick was going also in the shower, he looked around to see which shower was free. Suddenly he saw Lana's naked back.
He swallowed hard, she looked beautiful..he thought to himself.
But then he remembered that he was married..but even when Lori, and Shane didn't said anything he knew there was something going on between them.

Rick shaken his head, trying to forget his thoughts.
He walked to an free shower, and let the hot water falling down his body.
He couldn't remember when he last felt that good.
He let himself go, and enjoyed himself.

——————-

I'm so sorryy that this chapter is long ( for my circumstances)

I'm very proud of this chapter!! I love it so sm
Hope you guys like it too!

And just a warning for the next chapter ⚠️⚠️

The next chapter is going to have a tigger warning for assault and abuse (the situation with Shane and Lori)

So if anyone can't handle it then please don't read it!!!

Love y'all<3

I'm open for feedback and tips!!

Words 997