Act 2 - Highway/ Farm - Chapter 15

Keira Knightley asFlora Greene

Keira Knightley
as
Flora Greene

———————————————————————————

The night was sleepless, they tried search for Sophia all night.
They were walking none-stop, Lana's feet's were burning hell, but she didn't stop. Ignoring the feeling as she walked. Rick was like always at the front with Shane.
As they walked Lana had time to think, should she tell Rick about the thing with Shane and Lori?
Was that the right think?
But if she would do it, it would destroy a family.
Lana didn't know what she should do, behind her she could hear Carl complain about his hurting feet's.

She couldn't do that do Carl, destroying his family.
No, she won't say anything.

"Let's make a pause," Rick voiced with a sigh.
Lana sat down a bit away from the others, enjoying the silence. When she heard sudden footsteps coming up to her.

Daryl stood in front of her, holding a piece of meat in his hands.
"Here," he muttered while handing her the meat.
"Thanks," Lana replied taking the meat thankfully.
It was a silent after that, Lana ate her meat as Daryl sat down next to her.
They didn't talked to each other a lot, not just now.
Even in their childhood, it was either Daryl and Merle, or Lana and Merle.
But never these two.

"Do you think he's still alive?" His sister broke the silence. He knew exactly who she meant. Daryl's gaze found slowly Lana's eyes.
The same eyes that their father had, maybe that was the reason why Daryl didn't got along with his sister.
Because she looked like him.

"I don't know," he replied after a long pause with a growl.
"I know that you wished it was me, not him." His sister said while she glanced at the fire the group made.
Daryl swallowed, he didn't replied because he didn't know what do say.
The black haired woman stood up, clapping the dirt away from her hands.
Lana wanted to start walking away when she stopped for a moment. She sighed and turned around to face her bother again.

"I just-" She stopped talking, narrowing her eyebrows.
"Why did we never had that connection like you and Merle?"
That hit Daryl hard, he didn't had a answer for this.
His food got stuck in his throat, he just stared at her.
His heart wanted to speak, but his head wouldn't let him do that.
Daryl didn't even knew himself why they never connected like his brother and him did.

—————————-

"Y'all gotta follow the creek bed back,"
Shane announced, with a tensed undertone. It seemed like he was having a heated discussion with Rick earlier. Maybe they talk about what happened between Shane and Lori? Did Rick knew about them?

"Daryl you're in charge. Me and Rick, we're just gonna hang back, search this area another hour or so, just be thorough."

"Splittin' us up?" Daryl questioned, arching a challenging brow. "You sure?"
Shane nodded. "Yeah. We'll catch up to you."