Chapter: 37

Wei (Y/n) and Jiang Cheng finally arrived at Yiling to meet their brother. They stopped at the foot of the mountain and got off their horses. (Y/n) pet Xuěhuā and looked at Jiang Cheng who was telling two disciples to go and check.

Afterward, he walked up to Wei (Y/n) and smiled lightly "Da-Jie you seem a bit lost. Is everything alright?" He asked and Wei (Y/n) nodded with a sigh. "I'm just worried about Wei Ying." She said and he sighed at her words. "Don't worry. I'll knock some sense into him if he does anything foolish." He laughed lightly making the female smile. "Now now A-Cheng don't start fights." She teased making him huff lightly but a smile remained on his face.

The two disciples came back and saluted. "Clan Leader, Hexia-Zun." both of them nodded and Jiang Cheng spoke, "How's it?" The disciples shared a glance before telling their clan leader. "Surrounding the Burial Mounds, there are walls of talismans. We can't step into it." At their answer Wei (Y/n) nodded. 

"Alright. You people wait here. Let us have a look first." She said and Jiang Cheng agreed. One of the younger disciples spoke up, "Clan Leader, Hexia-Zun, you may be in danger of going there alone." At his words, Jiang Cheng glared at him. "Do not forget that Wei Wuxian is your Senior Brother and the Head disciple of the Jiang Clan." At his glare, the disciple bowed apologizing. "Alright, A-Cheng... Leave him." Wei (Y/n) said and turned to the disciples.

"We will be leaving now, look after our horses." She said and the disciples saluted as both sworn siblings began to walk toward the mountain. When they reached the wall of talismans. Wei (Y/n)'s eyebrow twitched and turned to Jiang Cheng.

"As always, He went too far... Use Zidian to break it." Jiang Cheng stifled his laugh at the annoyed expression but did what she asked. He clenched his hand making Zidian spark and turn into a whip. He aimed it at the wall and after it, the wall broke down. "Let's go."

Both of them walked up the mountain and (Y/n) looked around with sad eyes. She always had a strong connection with nature so seeing the plants and trees dying was a sad experience. Moreover, her brother had lived here for three months and now he was back here and with other people as well, the hardships they had to face for survival, it was another sad thought.

"How could he live here?" Jiang Cheng said but received no response from the girl. Both of them saw people plowing the ground as if trying to farm the area and they shared a confused glance. But shrugged and walked forward. When they were at the top they heard two people arguing about vegetables.

"Potatoes!" Both of them heard Wei Ying say and smiled a little but a female voice cut him off. "Turnips!" The voice was familiar to both Jiang Cheng and Wei (Y/n) but they couldn't put their finger on who it was.

"I dislike turnips. I want potatoes." Wei Yin argued opposing the idea of turnips. "Turnips grow well and won't wither easily." The woman said again. Now both the sworn siblings were standing a little behind them observing the exchange between both of them. Wei (Y/n) now recognized the woman. It was Wen Qing whom she had seen in Lanling.

 "No, potatoes." Wei Ying whined and Wen Qing sighed at him. "I said turnips, then we grow turnips." Her tone made it clear that she wanted no further argument. "Childe Wei." An old man who had probably seen Jiang Cheng and Wei (Y/n) called Wei Ying. He turned to him and the man hesitantly motioned to the new arrivals.

Wei Ying stood up and smiled walking to them and greeting them. "Here you come, Jiang Cheng, (Y/n). Tell me, it's better to plant potatoes or turnips?" He asked putting a hand on his hips and Wei (Y/n) raised her eyebrow.

She turned to look at the people who were staring at them with slight fear. Her brother followed her gazed and sighed dismissively waving his hand. "Why do you look at me? Back to work." He said and the men went back to doing what they were before.