Chapter: 22

"I ask for Lady Jiang and my son Jin Zixuan's, and for Hexia-zun's and my nephew Jin Zixun's engagement. What is your opinion Sect Leader Jiang?" Asked Jin Guangshan and the hall silenced.

The silence was tense but the voice of clan Leader Yao broke it, "It is a fair request, grant it Sect Leader." He said and others followed his wording saying the same things. Jin Guangyao looked at his father and frowned, his hand clenching. His eyes moved over to the female who seemed uninterested and pursed his lips.

Jiang Cheng found himself in a dilemma. A-Jie still seems attached to that peacock but the engagement has already been called off. Granting it now will make it seem the Jiang Sect is playing up to others. And Jin Zixun? There is no way... (Y/n)-Jie will agree to this...What should I do?

​​​​​But he knew that Wei (Y/n) wasn't one to stay silent about this, but he did feel it was his own responsibility to deny it clearly. Just as he opened his mouth to speak a female voice stopped him. "A-Cheng..." Jiang Yanli spoke softly, no doubt noticing his furrowed brows and clenched fists. Jiang Cheng turned to her and gave her a small smile.

"Sect Leader Jin is indeed thoughtful.." Wei (Y/n) started and all eyes turned to her. Her voice showed false gratitude. Jin Guangshan laughed and Wei (Y/n)'s brow twitched but she masked it pretty well.

Lan Xichen turned his head to look at her, shocked at what she said. There was no way she would accept right? Maybe for the betterment of the Sect, she would? Lan Xichen felt a tug on his heart as he thought about it. His heart was pained to even think about her being with someone else. He hadn't felt this way for anyone before... What if she--

"Sect Leader Jin has thought this through. But this discussion is not to be held here..." Wei (Y/n) said plainly, "Madame Jiang is alive and healthy. This matter needs her attention, not Jiang Cheng's. She is the Elder of our family so we can not decide or take any step without consulting her. Also, this is a matter for Shijie's life... " Wei (Y/n) spoke seriously and Jiang Cheng heaved a sigh of relief.

"Uncle asked Sect Leader Jiang, so why does Hexia-zun answer?" Jin Zixun spoke cockily and Wei (Y/n) growled but chose to ignore him. When she was about to speak another voice joined in.

"We appreciate Sect Leader Jin for his kindness." Wei Ying said as he strode inside. He stopped in the center and saluted Jin Guangshan before standing straight. "Sect Leader Jin, Marriage is a lifelong matter. I believe that you must ask Madame Jiang and Shijie first, rather than ask Jiang Cheng directly. As Wei (Y/n) said Madame Jiang is the Elder in our family. Don't you agree Jiang Cheng?" Wei Ying said and looked at Jiang Cheng.

"Wei Wuxian! My uncle is talking to Sect Leader Jiang, How dare you interrupt them!" Jin Zixun said again trying to assert dominance. The Wei siblings rolled their eyes and Wei Ying turned to him. "Well, you can ask Jiang Cheng yourself." Wei Ying smiled and faced forward. Jiang Cheng stood up and joined his hands in front of him "Sect Leader Jin, this indeed shouldn't be decided between the two clans. When my father was alive he had the same thought. In any case, we should leave the decision to my sister. It shouldn't be meddled by others." He said and Jin Guangshan nodded slowly as if thinking.

"You are right. As for this, we should listen to Lady Jiang's opinion." He said turning to Jiang Yanli who stood up. Jin Zixuan straightened anticipating her answer. "Shijie..." (Y/n) mumbled and Jiang Yanli smiled at her lightly before turning to face Jin Guangshan.

"I am much thankful for your kindness Sect Leader Jin. But the Jiang Sect has just gone through havoc..." She spoke firmly. Jiang Cheng, Wei Ying, and Wei (Y/n) looked at her. "As a Jiang disciple, I should think more about the whole sect and ought to return to Yunmeng to rebuild Lotus Cove..." She said and turned to look at Wei Ying who smiled at his sister encouraging her to continue.