Chapter: 08

It had been a week since Wei Ying had returned to Lotus Pier. He had explained what happened in the cave, including the part where she had insulted Wen Chao to his sister. After hearing her account, she decided to consult with Jiang Fengmian and Madam Yu in the meeting room.

"Uncle, if everything Wei Ying said is true, there is no way Wen will let this slide," she expressed, her voice filled with concern, as she finished relaying Wei Ying's story.

Jiang Fengmian nodded his expression grave. Madam Yu spoke up, fixing her gaze on Wei (Y/n). "What do you suggest we do now?" she inquired.

Wei (Y/n) was taken aback by the question but quickly composed herself. "Me?" she asked, surprise evident in her voice. Madam Yu nodded, indicating for her to continue. "I believe it's crucial to inform all the disciples to remain on high alert at all times. We should also bolster the security around Lotus Pier and maintain vigilance for any suspicious activity or presence of Wen cultivators," she explained, offering her proposed course of action.

"I also think it would be wise to keep an ace up our sleeve in case things escalate beyond our control," Wei (Y/n) continued, her voice steady. Madam Yu leaned forward, intrigued. "What kind of ace are you suggesting?" she inquired, her eyes locked on Wei (Y/n).

Although she didn't divulge the identity of their ally, Wei (Y/n) confidently stated, "We have someone on our side, someone who can assist us." The mystery of their secret ally added an air of intrigue to the discussion, piquing the curiosity of both Uncle Jiang and Madam Yu.

-------

After the meeting had concluded, Wei (Y/n) retreated to her room to prepare for her departure. She changed into a beautiful blue and white hanfu, carefully selecting her attire. With her heart pounding, she clutched the Jade pendant that Sect Leader Lan had given her keeping it with her safely.

Equipped with her loyal companions, Jù Lóng and Yì Jūn, Wei (Y/n) informed Jiang Yanli that she would be away for a day or two. As she made her way to the docks, she noticed the presence of Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng standing there. Approaching them, Wei Ying called out to her, a mix of curiosity and concern in his voice.

"(Y/n)! Why are you here?" Wei Ying inquired, his eyes searching for answers.

"I'm going somewhere" she replied, her voice carrying a hint of mystery.

"Going? Where to? Can I come with you? I can't let you face whatever awaits alone," he insisted, his hands gently shaking her shoulders.

"Oi! Stop it! You're shaking her too much!" Jiang Cheng intervened, swiftly pulling Wei Ying back. "But he's right, you can't venture alone," Jiang Cheng asserted, his protective nature surfacing.

Both of them had grown protective of Wei (Y/n), but Wei Ying was particularly overprotective. "No need to bother yourselves; I can travel by myself. You two are needed here. Whatever happens, you need to stay at Lotus Pier to defend it," Wei (Y/n) said confidently. Both Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying were confused, as the plan was only known by the Sect leader, Madam Yu, and Wei (Y/n) at that moment. After persuading both of them with her persuasive skills and unwavering determination, Wei (Y/n) set off on her journey.

As the sun began its ascent, casting a warm glow over the landscape, Wei (Y/n) ventured forth. Her heart was filled with a mixture of unease and apprehension, her mind teeming with thoughts of the challenges and discoveries that lay ahead.

In Cloud Recesses:

As Wei (Y/n) arrived at Cloud Recesses, the sun was just beginning to set, casting a gentle glow over the surroundings. As she approached the entrance, a male cultivator stepped forward, his voice polite but curious. "Excuse me, young lady, may I ask who you are?" he inquired.