Chapter: 18

When Jiang Yanli left Wei Ying's room, she made her way toward (Y/n)'s room. She had promised her that she would let her know when Wei Ying woke up. As (Y/n)'s room was in sight she saw (Y/n) making her way out. Her pale face was looking a bit better and the bags under her eyes were less dark than before. She was wearing her signature blue, white robes with her sword in her hand.

"Shijie.." (Y/n) greeted the older female and Jiang Yanli smiled brightly taking her free hand between her own "A-(Y/n)... I have good news. A-Xian is awake! " She notified and (Y/n)'s eyes grew wide. "Is he fine? Does he feel alright?" She questioned rapidly and Yanli smiled again nodding.

"You can go see him...Second Childe Lan must have finished by now." Jiang Yanli said and (Y/n) squeezed her hand before letting go and resuming to go where she was going.

On the way, she ran into Lan Wangji. "HanGuang-Jun" she greeted and the male greeted her back. "Hexia-zun."

Forgive me HanGuang-Jun, I was not able to assist you." She spoke apologetically and Lan Wangji shook his head "There is no need to apologize." He said shortly and Wei (Y/n) gave him a nod, then looked at him hopefully. "How is he?" She asked and he sighed, "Three more days are needed for him to recover completely." He said and Wei (Y/n) nodded.

"I must go see him, excuse me." She said and Lan Wangji nodded both exchanged salutes again and (Y/n) made her way to Wei Ying's room. When she reached the door, she knocked on the door thrice. After hearing a quiet 'come in' she stepped inside and saw Wei Ying sitting on the bed in a meditating pose.

"Wei Ying," She called softly and he looked up to see his sister facing him with worry and relief intermixed on her face. He stood up from his position and she took a few steps towards her twin. When she was at arm's length, Wei Ying hugged her. She was surprised when her brother embraced her tightly but returned the embrace anyways.

Both of them held each other as their lifelines and even with no words exchanged between them, they both understood everything the other was trying to convey. After parting they sat on the bed facing each other "Why?" Asked (Y/n) and Wei Ying looked at her confused, not knowing what she was hinting at.

"Why what?" He asked and (Y/n) glared at him holding herself back from slapping him. "Why is it always you?! Why do you have to put yourself in danger every time?! Have you ever thought what will become of me if something happened to you?!" She exclaimed, her eyes burning with unshed tears. And Wei Ying felt guilty for worrying his blood sister this much. He squeezed her hands and muttered, "I'm sorry (Y/n)." She sighed and looked him in the eyes.

"Will you tell me the truth now?" She asked and he tilted his head again not knowing what she meant. "Which truth?" He asked "What happened to your Golden core?" (Y/n) inquired and Wei Ying's eyes widened "Nothing happened, why?" He tried to play it off and in return received another glare "Wei Ying..." (Y/n)'s voice was edgy, almost threatening."The truth..." She spoke and Wei Ying sighed.

"I'm telling you nothing happened to it!" He pressed and she sighed sadly "Wei Ying...I was with you these days you were unconscious... I kept sending my spiritual energy into your body but was not able to make the energy flow regularly... After close inspection... What happened?" She looked at him and squeezed his hands. Wei Ying sighed, knowing there was no way she would let it drop.

"After we had reached safely in the village, the spirit fox you sent with us started fading away saying you were in trouble..." He started the tale by looking at their joined hands "...we went into the village and stayed at an inn... Shijie had become ill and I left her and Jiang Cheng there and went to bring them some food..." Wei Ying narrated the whole story of what happened to him and his Golden core that was now transplanted in their younger brother. (Y/n) couldn't keep the tears at bay and ended up crying.