Chapter: 12

Three months had passed, and still, there was no trace of Wei Ying. His sister was desperate to join the search for her brother, but she couldn't leave. Jiang Yanli departed for Lanling a day after Wei (Y/n) regained consciousness. Madam Yu remained, keeping a close eye on her, fearful of any impulsive actions.

However, Wei (Y/n) was not one to be easily restrained. She managed to persuade Madam Yu to allow her to go to talk to Lan Xichen. There, she found him standing with Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng. As she approached, she respectfully bowed, addressing them, "Sect Leader Lan, Second Childe Lan, Jiang Cheng."

They returned her bows, and she couldn't help but ask, curiosity driving her, "Where are you going?"

"To the Qishan Indoctrination Bureau," Jiang Cheng replied with a sigh. "We have to retrieve our swords. Fighting without them feels like a burden, and there's a chance that the cultivators there might have information about Wei Ying. Besides, we have enough cultivators to take on the task."

Wei (Y/n)'s eyes widened at the mention of her brother's name. This could be an opportunity to find some clue about his whereabouts. "Please allow me to go along, Sect Leader," she asked Lan Xichen. "I don't doubt Second Childe Lan and Jiang Cheng, but I have to do something. It's been three months, and he's my twin brother." She bowed earnestly, hoping he would understand her need to take action.

Lan Xichen, being compassionate and understanding, stopped her bow, saying, "No need to bow, Lady Wei. You can go with them; after all, he is your brother." A warm smile spread across his face, giving Wei (Y/n) the reassurance she needed.

Grateful for the permission, she nodded gratefully and moved to join Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng. But just as she was about to leave, Lan Xichen's concerned voice stopped her, "Be careful, Lady Wei... Ah, it's just that you've recently recovered." He seemed worried about her well-being, to which she smiled and assured him, "I'll be alright."

With her determination and resolve, Wei (Y/n) set off alongside Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng on their quest to the Qishan Indoctrination Bureau.

The Wen cultivators were engaged in conversation, completely oblivious to the presence of Lan Wangji, Jiang Cheng, and Wei (Y/n). However, they suddenly became aware of Lan Wangji ascending the stairs as the air around them picked up speed. "It's Lan Wangji!" one of them shouted, causing panic to erupt among the Wen cultivators, who quickly unsheathed their swords. "Get him! Get the Lan rebel!" they yelled, ready to attack.

Before any of them could make a move, a haunting note from a flute resonated through the air. The Wen cultivators who had participated in the battle of Lotus Pier felt a wave of fear wash over them, recognizing the familiar melody that had previously ensnared their comrades in restraining vines. This time, however, the outcome would be different.

The wind began to howl, obscuring the Wen cultivators' vision and making it difficult for them to see. Lan Wangji swiftly dispatched his opponents using the Cord Assassination technique. Meanwhile, Wei (Y/n) employed her own skills, restricting the leader of the cultivators with her power.

"Kneel," Lan Wangji uttered, standing regally atop the stairs alongside Jiang Cheng and Wei (Y/n). The wounded Wen cultivators immediately dropped to their knees, the others from the Lan and Jiang sects surrounding them in a circle. It was then that (Y/n) posed the question that pierced the air like icy daggers, her voice filled with an intimidating chill. "Where is Wei Wuxian?"

The answer was demanded, and the Wen captain, restricted by (Y/n)'s powers, attempted to raise his hand as if to indicate that he knew. (Y/n) released the vines, allowing him to breathe as he fell to his knees. "Where is he?" she repeated, her tone as cold and unforgiving as before.