Chapter: 36

Wei (Y/n) had been in her room for most of the time ever since they returned from Lanling. Luo QingYang, or Mian Mian, had been asked by Madame Yu to assist Wei (Y/n), and (Y/n) had declined it strongly, saying she didn't need to tie up QingYang with her. Mian Mian obliged what Madame Yu had asked and had somehow persuaded Wei (Y/n). 

Wei (Y/n) had been working on some Talismans nonstop. She rarely came out of her room, even for eating. MianMian brought her tea regularly and somehow at the exact time she most needed it. Her food was also brought to her. Lifen had come several times, but Wei (Y/n) just smiled and shared a small talk with her before letting MianMian take her out. 

She was troubled, it wasn't hard to see that. She had to help her brother and if she put herself in danger because of it, it would be fine. But then a certain Sect Leader popped into her mind, the look on his face when she turned away from him was enough to haunt her.

She sighed and crumpled the Talisman she was working on before throwing it away. She began to draw another one again. When she finished it, she activated it and smiled lightly as it began to glow a light blue before opening up into a portal-like space. It had been successful till this point before, too. She took a nearby book and placed it in the portal. And then allowed it to close after cutting her connection with it.

Just then, Mian Mian opened the door and came in with a tray in her hands. “Lady (Y/n) I brought tea for you.” She smiled and set it on the table. Wei (Y/n) smiled a little, “Thank You, Mian Mian.” She said, and sat down behind the table, having the talisman in her hand. She passed it to Mian Mian after she had handed her tea.

“MianMian, try to activate it. I have to see if it works this time.” She told and the said girl looked at her with slight worry. “Lady (Y/n) you have been trying for days, if it doesn't work you shouldn't push yourself too much.” She asked, looking at the talisman, and (Y/n) smiled.

“I'm Just doing experiments, maybe I'll find something new if it doesn't work…” She said, taking a sip of the tea, its taste making her raging thoughts calm down a little. The truth was, she didn't want to face anyone right now. Even if her family supported her brother and helped her, she just wanted to be alone and sort out her thoughts. The thought of pushing Xichen away still troubled her, but she didn't think much of it, pushing it to the back of her mind. The rest of the troubles made a large tower of worries, which was stable for now. The calm before the storm.

MianMian nodded and sent a stream of energy, activating the talisman. This time instead of the initial light blue glow there was a greenish glow and the portal opened again. The book (Y/n) had been placed in it before, reappeared. Wei (Y/n) put down her cup and stood up, gasping. “It worked…” She whispered before smiling and taking Mian Mian's hand. “It worked!” She exclaimed again and sighed with contentment, sitting down. “Finally…” She muttered, and MianMian looked at her.

“Lady Wei, if I may ask, what is its purpose?” She asked looking at her Wei (Y/n) hummed “Hmm… Put it like this, Like the Qiankun pouch can hold large spiritual objects, and this talisman can be used for exporting objects to other places as well. The book that appeared, was put inside by me before. I had been trying to get this to work for days. It may not seem much, but I'm glad it worked.” She said, smiling, and Mian Mian smiled too. “Congratulations Lady Wei.” She congratulated the female, who smiled at her.

Before any more words could be exchanged, Wei Lifen came into the room with a little skip in her step. “Māma! Look who came!” She said excitedly, and Wei (Y/n) looked at her with a slight smile. “Who is it A-Fen?” She asked and Lifen smiled more brightly, “Bàba!” She exclaimed and Wei (Y/n) stood up. Lan Xichen appeared in the doorway with his all-gentle smile, and Wei (Y/n) averted her eyes. Mian Mian greeted him, and he dismissed her with a small smile.