Chapter: 31

(Y/n) was walking beside Jiang Cheng with her head held high, leading the disciples inside the banquet hall. As Wei Ying had refused to attend the banquet, the two of them came here by themselves. When they were inside Jin Guangyao immediately came forth and greeted both of them with his ever-present smile.

Wei (Y/n) and Jiang Cheng greeted him back and he lead them both to their designated seats which were between the Nie and the Lan Clan. Lan Xichen smiled at Wei (Y/n) who returned the smile and then turned to greet Nie Mingjue who nodded with a small smile. Wei (Y/n) sat down next to Jiang Cheng and looked at the liquor in front of her with blank eyes.

It was not that she didn't like drinking. She could hold her liquor well but she was not fond of the taste so she never drank unless it was in some of these banquets. (Y/n) always enjoyed having a cup of tea to soothe herself rather than drinking.

Jin Guangyao exchanged a nod of affirmation with his father and addressed the present Gentry families saying that the hunt was the most unpredictable and never before had this much prey been caught. (Y/n) tuned him out even when he addressed Jiang Cheng and congratulated Yunmeng Jiang on catching the most prey. Jiang Cheng stood up saluting. "The Yunmeng Jiang Sect dare not claim all the riches. We are willing to share with other gentry families to support gentry friends." He replied with a smile.

Jin Guangshan stood up with a small smile, "Sect Leader Jiang is indeed a young hero! You speak with the same aptitude as your father!.." He raised a cup of wine and toasted "..To you and Hexia-zun!" (Y/n) who was happy just sitting there was suddenly thrown in the spotlight because of him and hardly kept the frown that threatened to show on her face. She stood up, rather begrudgingly, and lifted the cup gently holding it in front of her. She then covered her face when she brought the cup to her lips and tipped her head back emptying its contents. (Y/n) returned to her seated position as Jiang Cheng sat down. (Y/n) could feel that he was still troubled so she smiled a little when he looked towards her.

Jiang Cheng gave a small smile and turned to Nie Huaisang who called him. Wei (Y/n)'s eyes glanced around the hall and stopped at the Sect Leader who sat next to her. He smiled lightly and Wei (Y/n) looked forward with her ears burning red. She then caught the eyes of Jin Guangyao who gave her a smile with his eyes closed. She nodded with a small smile which disappeared as Jin Zixun entered her field of vision.

Jin Zixun holding wine walked up to Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji, making Jin Guangyao gasp and be on alert. "Sect Leader Lan, HanGuang-Jun, Let me toast to you two." Lan Xichen was shocked and shared a glance with his younger brother. As soon as these words left Jin Zixun's mouth Jin Guangyao walked to him.

"Zixun, Zewu-Jun and HanGuang-Jun all come from Cloud Recesses. Three thousand rules are carved on the wall of discipline. Instead of liquor you might as well--" Jin Guangyao was rudely cut off by Jin Zixun who held up his hand. "We Jin Sect and Lan Sect are close friends. If you don't drink that means you look down on me." He said with a smug look and Wei (Y/n) frowned looking at Lan Xichen with slight concern.

"What a frank and forthright air! This is what a gentry should be made of!" A clan leader, whose name (Y/n) didn't care enough to remember, praised Jin Zixun and his chest swelled up with pride. He laughed lightly "Sect Leader Lan, We are not strangers. Don't cope with me with the method of Strangers. One simple question; Drink or Not?" He extended the cup and Lan Xichen again exchanged a worried glance with his brother.

Jin Guangyao who felt helpless tried to tell Jin Zixun off. "They are to maneuver swords to go back. Drinking will affect that negatively." Lan Xichen stood up gracefully with a political smile. "Drinking two cups of liquor won't hurt. Even if I drank eight jorums of liquor I would still be able to maneuver the sword and fly in the sky!" He boasted and leaders of the smaller clans laughed. As Lan Xichen extended his hand out to hold the cup, Wei (Y/n) stood up with a smile.