Chapter 44: Hokage

Magsimula sa umpisa

He didn't believe it. He didn't want to. So he would go and confirm it for himself. 

Hopping off of a branch, Sasuke landed silently behind Naruto, who was visiting the Memorial Statue. "Naruto Uzumaki," He spoke, disguising his voice by using the same one Obito had used to pretend as Madara. "I've been wanting to meet you for a long time." 

"Who are you?" Naruto shouted, taking out kunai and taking a defensive stance. "You're not Obito Uchiha! You can't be Kakashi-sensei! Are you the real Madara? If so then why wear a mask?" Sasuke didn't say anything. 

What could he say? This was it. This was his proof, that this was his Naruto. The Naruto who would always wear a smile, who would always push forward without looking back, the one who would always bring him back from the dark. 

No. . .

Looking at those hate-filled eyes, his previous actions. . .

His Naruto was dead. And killed by the one who stood in front of him. 

This fake. 

"You are aware of many things. Obito Uchiha is a Jounin of this village and I watched Kakashi Hatake die myself. Why would I be either of those two people?" In an instant, Sasuke was in front of the fake, towering over the boy as he held a kunai to his throat. He wanted to shove the kunai forward so badly to end this fake, how dare he wear the face of his dear friend? 

"Kisame told me of what you said, who are you to accuse me of not being Madara? Perhaps I am, perhaps I'm not. Names are of worldly things and I have already ascended." Yes, that was it. This world was truly hell. There was no coming back from this. There was no light. 

Only darkness. 

There would be no change, no person who bring about change, only hell. Sasuke wouldn't stand for it. He wouldn't stand for any of it. He would follow Madara's, as well as the previous Obito's, footsteps and collect the Jinchuuriki and form a weapon in order to destroy this hell once and for all. 

He would end it. 

"What do you want?" Naruto grit out, his glaring blue eyes shining with hidden desperation and helplessness. 

"I just wanted to confirm something." Sasuke said darkly. "It seems my hypothesis was correct about you," He paused, the next two words coming out like filth. "Naruto Uzumaki. We will meet again one day, either when you're being sealed away or on the battlefield, the end result does not matter to me."

Even if he wanted to, he couldn't kill him. Not here, and not yet. This fake would get what's coming to them, and then Sasuke would break out of the hell he was placed in. He vanished from the blond's sight. 

He would end it all. 

Another step forward. Another step forward. Another step forward. Another step forward. Another step forward. 

Sasuke looked down at the unconscious blond below him, his eyes tracking the teen's face for his signs of his consciousness, but showed nothing. "I saw everything," Sasuke whispered as he fell to his knees, hovering over Naruto as a kunai appeared in his left hand. 

"I saw everything," He repeated. "Your murders, your brutalizations," He bent forward to Naruto's ear and whispered. "Your sins." Lifting himself back up, Sasuke allowed himself to smirk as he looked up at the grey clouds above.