"Esai? That suits an angel like you. Sayenne has chosen an excellent name for you. Give your mother all the glory by choosing a worthy name for your child as well." Then she paused for a moment. "Aleksander, you have chosen a strong protector. He will be able to give you strength in difficult times and stand by your side. Degei is happy with your choice," she said with a friendly undertone.

Belial looked at the whole thing calmly. The woman had a powerful soul and he felt that the aura that surrounded her was not entirely human, but it was not entirely hers either. Is she, like Nix, also a mouthpiece of the gods?

"What is your name, revered High Priestess?" Aleks asked kindly.

The old woman smiled. "My name is Kalara. Please sit down. Elenoa, please be so kind as to bring us tea."

Her granddaughter nodded and set off as the three of them sat down on cushions on the floor.

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions, Aleksander," the High Priestess said, looking at him with warm eyes.

Aleks nodded. Yes, he had a lot of questions and hoped that Kalara would be able to answer them.

"Kalara, you know what we are and why we are here. Right?" Aleks asked cautiously.

The high priestess nodded, then began to tell. "About thirty years ago, the god Degei sent me a vision, a prophecy. Three sons were to be born into the divine lineage of him. One who carries heaven within himself, one who carries hell within himself, and the third who carries the earth within himself. They would awaken the ancient powers that were trapped in their blood and passed on. Each of these powers is locked and a key is needed to open them. But only when the third one is found, all of them can be opened.

Once upon a time, this power was unleashed and had brought death and destruction, almost wiping out the divine lineage. We hid the last relatives until heaven and hell forgot them and protected them, because they were the only heirs. Degei had protected and concealed them with a powerful spell, sealing the power in their blood. Only one bloodline has survived – the Qarase bloodline. However, none of the relatives were able to use this power, it was passed on silently until a carrier was born who was strong enough.

Our people have hidden the third key, deep in one of our holiest places – the place where our God had lived, protected by the three guardians. Degei said he would receive only one from his line who was worthy to receive it. But a battle ensued when warriors appeared to kill the carriers. Degei had refused to extradite them and was punished by the supreme deity. He was sentenced to be trapped forever in the cave, the entrance to which was sealed.

Only the three carriers would be able to open it and free Degei, they made sure of that. Now the time has come, for you have returned to the bosom of your homeland, powerful enough to use the power entrusted to you. You will finally be able to liberate our God and Protector."

Aleks and Belial had listened in silence.

She spoke what Tori said. It is what happened from the point of view of the Deva and their protectors, Aleks said to his demon. But one thing worried him. So it took three Deva to open the cave. Aleks alone would not be enough.

"Do you know who the other two carriers are?" Aleks asked. A clatter interrupted them as Elenoa entered with the tea set. She poured them the tea, which they gratefully accepted. Aleks looked at the steaming surface of the cup.

"I can't tell you that, Aleksander," the High Priestess replied.

Disappointment spread through Aleks. Again, a dead end.

"But what I do know is that at the next new moon, all three carriers will gather here," she continued.

Aleks' head shot up and he squeezed Belial's hand harder.