012. home

The six Winchesters are in a motel room. Sam is sitting on one of the beds, resting against the headboard and Dean is sitting at the table by the window. Evie is on her dad's  lap, playing with his sleeves while he draws, the girl tired from her lack of sleep. The three remaining girls are on the other bed and watching Spider-Man while eating Cheez-Its.

"All right. I've been cruisin' some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler off the coast of Cali -- its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas." Dean looks between the twins, but focuses on Sam.

"Hey." Dean calls, only getting Sam's attention. "Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?"

"No, I'm listening. Keep going." Sam says.

"And, here, a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times." Dean says. "Any of these things blowin' up your skirt, pal?"

"Wait. I've seen this." Sam says, looking at his drawing.

"Seen what?" Dean asks. Natalie tunes them out as she watches the movie with her nieces.

Sam puts Evie on the bed making her whine. He gets up and grabs John's journal, flipping through it.

"What are you doing?" Dean asks. Sam finds an old family photo of the five and compares the tree in the background to the tree he drew. 

"Dean, I know where we have to go next." He says.

"Where?" Dean asks.

"Back home -- back to Kansas." Sam's words draws Natalie's focus away from the movie and to him.

"Okay, random. Where'd that come from?" Dean asks.

"All right, um, this photo was taken in front of our old house, right? The house where mom died?" Sam asks, showing Dean a family photo.

"Yeah." Dean nods.

"And it didn't burn down, right? I mean, not completely, they rebuilt it, right?" Sam asks.

"I guess so, yeah. What the hell are you talkin' about?" Dean asks.

"Okay, look, this is gonna sound crazy but... the people who live in our old house -- I think they might be in danger." Sam says.

"Why would you think that?" Dean asks.

"Uh... it's just, um... look, just trust me on this, okay?" Sam says.

"Wait, whoa, whoa, trust you?"

"Yeah."

"Come on, man, that's weak. You gotta give me a little bit more than that."

"I'll take it." Natalie says.

"I can't really explain it is all." Sam says.

"Well, tough. I'm not goin' anywhere until you do." Dean says.

"I have these nightmares." Sam says.

"I've noticed." Dean says.

"And sometimes... they come true." Sam says.

"Come again?" Dean asks.

"You mean, like, premonitions?" Natalie asks and Sam nods.

"Look, Dean... I dreamt about Jessica's death -- for days before it happened. And I... I dreamt..." Sam looks over at Natalie who raises her eyebrows in question. "I dreamt of Noah. Of... of him lying on the bed, his-- his throat slit... choking on his own blood." His voice cracks near the end.

"You... you saw him die?" Natalie asks.

"Yeah." Sam quietly admits.

"I, uh... I need some air." Natalie mumbles, getting up and leaving. Sam stares after her, both sad and remorseful, part of him wishing he told her sooner.